Unexpected Death

Unexpected Death

Chapter 4

I don't know how I managed to reach my boarding house alive. Com'on, I won't be surprise if I got hit and run over by a car because I'm so certain that I'm really out of my normal mind!

Everything is just so weird, the creepy library, the shadow and the disappearing act of Mr. Rodney and Mr. Crisford!

I let go a deep sigh. "I'm just tired and sleep deprived That's why I'm starting to imagine unusual things..." I convinced myself. "Yeah!They're all imaginations.

They're not true."

My eyes darted to the bathroom door. Maybe a cold bath could help, I thought.

I got off of my bed and stood up. I'm really tired. I hope later, I could have a good sleep despite of everything that happened to me today.

I walked towards the cabinet and took my towel.I just bought this one last week in a fair because of its butterfly design. I smiled as I ran my hands at the embroidery.

I always love butterflies.They make me feel relax.I walked towards the bathroom with a smile.

I turned on the shower, closed my eyes and let my body feel the coldness of water. I almost fell into sleep until I heard a noise coming from my room.

Immediately, my heart beat started to race.

Is there someone in my room?

I finished my bath hurriedly. I wrapped the towel around my thin built securely and took a deep breath before opening the bathroom door.

Slowly, I walked towards my bed. I looked around and found no one.

I'm being paranoid!

I saw the curtain being carried by cold breeze passing from the open window. It reminds me of the scene in the library. "Oh, stupid Harlem!" I told myself as I brushed off the idea that someone was in my room and got inside thru the open window.

I moved towards it. I was about close the curtains when my eyes captured an image of a man standing in front of our gate. I can't see his face but I know he is looking at me from such distance. I could feel his intense stare burning directly at me.

I shivered.

Suddenly, I heard my phone rang. I looked at my dresser where I placed it then went my eyes again to the gate. The man was no longer there.

I sighed."I'm just imagining things."

Two more rings and I picked up my phone. Charrie's name flashed in the screen.

"Hello?"she asked.

"Hey Charrie, how are you?" I asked in a cheerful voice.

"Just fine. I'm worried about you. Where are you anyway?"

I smiled. "Ofcourse, I just got home from school. You know doing research, Uhmm... around 7:30 pm. Why?"

"Oh Harlem, Haven't you watched the news? " She started to become hysterical.

"You know I'm not fond of watching news". I joked. Being an aspiring journalist, Charrie and I usually watch and read news reports to get more ideas on how to deliver important events. I just got home late today, missing the 7 pm broadcast.

"Mr. Rodney and Mr. Crisford... "Charrie said in a sad tone. "They're ----dead."

"They're what?" I shouted.

"See the news in CBN, now."

I turned on the television and was shocked. According to the news, Mr. Crisford got Mr. Guillard a shot on his left leg while Mr. Rodney was killed by a fatal shot on the chest. It's two against one. Other securities came right away after hearing the gunshots. Mr. Crisford managed to reach the hospital but failed to survive a fatal shot on his chest. Mr. Rodney and Mr. Guillard are accused of robbery. Mr. Guillard is now in the custody of town police district 5. It has been said that the suspects are caught by Mr. Crisford while having his night-round in the university buildings.

"Harlem? Still there?"

Silence.

"Harlem?'

"They're d--dead." These are the words I said before I fainted.

*******55555555555*********

Enjoy Reading.. Please comment, vote and fan?

This chapter is dedicated to Sir Mardy. thanks for your constructive criticisms....c",)