Dance with me

Chapter 11

Dance with me

            We’re in the Student’s Union Building. The Lancester’s Chronicles occupied one of the rooms here at second floor. Our Editor in Chief called a meeting to discuss our work assignment for this coming University Games. We only have two weeks to go. It took us one and a half hour to settle everything. Charrie and I were assigned to cover the Sports section of our paper. Meaning, we have to watch the games, make an interview with the players and coaches and get opinions from the students about how the university games turned out.

I looked at my watch. “5:26pm”, I read.  I sat in the wooden bench and waited for Charrie who went to the comfort room. I really appreciate Charrie’s effort to cheer me up. There were a lot of strange things that happened that we can’t explain but she never left me.  She’s really a true friend. Actually, she even asked her parent’s permission to let her stay with me in my boarding house for the meantime. She just reasoned out that we will be doing school projects so we need to work most of the time. Luckily, her parents allowed her.

 I put my things on the table and leaned on the bench. I saw two student assistants passed down the stairs. Most probably, they are going home now. I was alone again. It’s been a long day. I closed my eyes and let myself relax for a while.

I heard my favorite song being played. I smiled. I never knew that acoustic version of song “Before It’s too late” can be that good.

“I wander through the fiction

to look for the truth

Buried beneath all the lies…

I remembered Vladimir.  Was he real or just my imagination? How can I explain my conversation with him? Why is he so mysterious?

 There are a lot of questions on my mind. And no way will I find the answers but to talk to him again.

              ”Vladimir…” I whispered hopelessly.

                  I opened my eyes and found myself inside a room.  I shook my head and begun to wonder where and why I’m in this place or did I walk towards here unconsciously.  I remembered that I’m sitting on the bench while listening to the song but never could I remember going inside this room. Am I having a memory gap?

                  I looked around and examined the place.  The room resembled to a mini library. There’s a wooden book shelf with a complete set of Encyclopedias and a steel cabinet where the trophies are. There’s an empty wooden desk and a swivel chair in the left corner of the room, facing the door. I read the name etched in the marble over the wooded desk. “Dr. Tristine Thompson, VP-Academic Affairs”.

 I know this room is off limits to students but curiosity came over me. I won’t do anything undesirable so there’s no need to feel guilty. I continued to examine the room. There’s a green sofa and a small glass center table.  The whole room is covered by light green and cream colored curtain. On the wall, there hangs a familiar painting. I came closer and tried to recollect where I have seen it.

“Angels of Death”, I read the title.

I was stunned. There comes the realization. It’s the painting in my dream… I’m in the same room. Could it be possible that Vladimir is here... watching me…?

And I stood at a distance

To feel who you are