Angels of Death (Vladimir and Atlas)

Chapter 7

Angels of Death (Vladimir and Atlas)

Angels fell from the sky

Wings taken, no ways to fly

Hiding from the dark

Waiting for the time

So guard your soul

Soon...they'll come.

-kenshin_kst

******

From the seat I am occupying, I can clearly see how Atlas played a trick on the students here in the library.I shook my head. Atlas can be so playful at times.

His first victim was a nerdy student busy reading a Literature book. Atlas grinned as he gave poor human a soft blow on his left ear making him stiffened.

He looked at his sides and shook his head. He rubbed his hand on his ears the continue his reading.

But Atlas didn't stop. He did the same on his right ear bringing him another goose bump. I saw him laughed heavily at the immediate reaction of the boy.

Thereafter, he blew a sheet of paper of another student. It fell on the floor. When the poor girl was about to get the sheet, Atlas gave another blow making it move away a bit. He laughed again. I shook my head.

I walked to the window and looked at the IT Building. From my vision, I saw Harlem heading towards the IT laboratory. Her face is pale but still as beautiful as she is. Her soft black curls lay down on her shoulder giving her a more angelic look. I smiled remembering the first day I saw her in the library.

I know I should have not scared the hell out of her. I did not intend either. I just wanted to give her notebook. Alright, I know there's something more than that I could not explain. Maybe, I have some sort of attraction with the human, something I'm afraid I can't control.

"Watching her again?" a teasing voice interrupted my viewing.

Atlas suddenly appears on my side. I gave him a warning look. He lifted his both arms as a sign of surrender and flashed a grin. I could still remember how he made fun out of Harlem in the library and in the bleachers by copying the face of Mr. Rodney and Mr. Crisford.

I just don't know what I will do with his thick skull. I already warned him but still can't believe he would try it again. Worst was to be a copy cat of a girl who died from heart attack yesterday in the Humanities Building.

"Are you having a soft spot to that human, Vladimir?" He asked accusingly. I didn't answer.

"You know the rule. We are not allowed to---"

"I know."

Silence.

"I know why we are here. I know what we need to do. You don't have to remind me." I continued.

"That only means I could play with h---"

"Don't you dare!" I shouted then gave him a deadly glare. I clenched my fist to take hold the sudden roar of anger within me.

"Vlad, relax. I'm just kidding. "He grinned.

Silence.

"I won't interfere with your affair with that human as long as you did nothing against our mission here." I heard the seriousness of his voice that came out like a warning. I know he means it. I nodded.

"So what do we have here?" He looked at the list he got from his pocket.

"Number one on the list... Catherine Hollier, a 17 year old nursing student. Cause of death: Drowning. Time of Death: 10:53am. Too young." he chuckled.

"Number two, Joshua Garner, a 20 year old management student. Cause of death: Got stabbed in a Frat war. Time of Death: 4:32 pm.

Number three......Number four......Number five.........."

I heard everything clear. We have five souls to "fetch" today. I smiled. This is our mission, the reason why we are here.

"Vlad, what time is it?" he asked innocently. I looked at Atlas.

"10:49 am." I briefly answered.

"We better get going. We can't let Catherine Hollier waiting, right." His words before he vanished.

I smiled. "YEAH, WE CAN'T KEEP THEM WAITING, ANY OF THEM."

********************************5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555******************************************

>>> This chapter is dedicated to my friend Crisper...c",) Hope she'll like it!

A love story of Vladimir and Harlem? What do you think?

I don't know if I'm doing a good job here...so please...please.....please comment..... Vote? Fan...?

Thanks..c",)