Black Rose

Chapter 9

Black Rose

After a 3 hour painting session in Art Class, we exited Humanities Building and walked to the canteen.

I remember I haven't taken anything yet. No wonder my stomach is grumbling right now.

I looked at my History book and opened the portion where I placed the black rose I found in my pillow this morning. I should be scared with the "dream "I had last night.

But Strange, I felt so calm and safe the whole time. I don't understand. If it's just a dream, how will I explain the rose in my pillow?

The conversation I had with the mysterious shadow seems so real. He said he knows everything about me.

******************Flash back

"I'm Harlem." I said.

"I know." He answered making me feel surprise.

"How d-"

"I know everything about you." He interrupted my questioning.

"You're the shadow in the lib-"

"I am."

**********************End of flashback.

"Black rose." I saw Charrie's eye brows form into an arc.

"Who's the weird suitor that gave you that?" She looked at the rose curiously.

I didn't answer. I looked at her with a blank expression. Charrie can be so nosy at times. If she only knew who gave this to me, I doubt if she will give a same reaction. I walked ahead of her.

"Common, Harl, Who's the one?" She pokes me on my side.

"Why black rose? Why not red, after all it's more romantic, isn't it? Or white or pink or ye -"I turned around and found Charrie standing with a dreamy like expression on her face. I almost laughed because she looks like a love struck fool. She's clasping her hands as if wishing for her price charming to arrive. I rolled my eyes.

"There's no one." I told her making her jaw dropped.

"No suitor? Then who gave this? "She clutched the rose on my book and smelled it.

I grabbed the rose on her hand and placed it back in my book. I just shook my head. I know Charrie won't let the whole thing pass without me telling all the details. I don't want to keep it a secret anyway. I will just tell her over lunch.

"Then, who?" She asked again. We are already in the canteen.

Without giving an answer, I walked to the counter and ordered a glass of pineapple juice and a plate of lasagna. Charrie did the same.

Turning around, I saw that almost all the seats are occupied. I spotted the two seated table near the window then walked towards it. Charrie followed me. I haven't put the tray yet on the table when I heard her asked again.

"Tell me now, Harl. Com'on." She insisted while taking a spoon of lasagna. "Who is h -"

"Vladimir." I said while looking at the window. I saw some students sitting at the bleachers under the tree. Their life is normal. How I wish I have the same.

"Who's Vladi- -" I heard Charrie and did not let her finish.

"The man with no face." I said in a cold voice.

"The what?" She asked in a shock tone. I looked at her seriously and said,

"The shadow" making Charrie drop her spoon spilling the lasagna on the table.

I gave her a tissue to clean the spill. Luckily, it did not mess her white blouse. She listened to me eagerly as I told her the details of the "dream" I had.

Her looks is similar to those watching a mystery film.

"Wow, Harlem," she exclaimed unbelievably.

"You've got a romantic creepy "suitor" on his own way!" she continued jokingly.

I frowned. "And you've got a nice humor. VERY FUNNY! "

We finished our lunch then walked to our History class.

*************************************************555555555555555555555555555555555*************************************

Hey.. Can someone bother to comment? Please.... I need your insights...c",)

Please comment..c",)