Through Thick and Thin

Chapter 10

Through Thick and Thin

Charrie's POV

I never realized that in my one day absence, a lot of things will happen to my friend, Harlem. It was Thursday afternoon when I fainted in our Biology class and was brought to University Clinic. It's over fatigue according to Dr. Smith.

I was advised to take a 3 day rest and was given prescriptions for my early recovery. Good enough I won't have to miss more class discussions since it's almost weekend.

But I really feel bad for Harlem. She had to research all by herself because of my condition. If only I was able to come with her that Friday.

I don't know exactly what she saw in the library. I cannot explain either because I don't have a "third eye" or "sixth sense" like she has.

Well, I wish I could have it. I think it's somewhat cool! You know, like those characters in mysteries and suspense stories I love to read. But seriously, never in my life will I think that those are true. Not until Harlem told me herself.

At first, I doubt it and thought that Harlem was just suffering from something due to lack of good sleep. But the fact she looked so scared and miserable when I visited her apartment made me cast the whole doubting.

Most of the time, she will space out. I remember when we were in the Humanities Building. I just finished my Speech Class and found her standing by the window staring outside. I called her and uttered a joke to make her smile.

Unfortunately, I have to rush back to the laboratory to get the book I left over the table. I know it did not take me that long but when I came back, I know something happened to her but I refused to ask.

Things got worst when we heard panicking scream from the students in the lobby. Harlem was stiffened. I can see she was scared.

I went to the group of students to see what happened and learned that the girl suffered from heart attack. I went back to Harlem and found her trembling.

*****Flashback

"He's there", She whispered in her weakening voice. I looked at the lobby and found no one.

"There's no one, Harlem." I told her.

"He's there." She insisted.

. I don't know what to do with her so I just gripped her arm and hurriedly pulled her out of the building. We mixed ourselves with the group of students and ran away from "something" or "someone".

*****End of Flash back.

And now, here goes the "romantic creepy suitor" of hers.

The Black rose.

The Dream.

Things are getting worst, indeed!

I don't know how I can help her. But one thing I'm sure, I'll be by her side and never will I let anyone hurt her.

********************************************555555555555555555555555******************************************************

Don't you think Charrie is such a good freind?

BTW,

This chapter is soulfully dedicated to my High School Buddies...Thanks GUYz! :P

Please comment...? Vote and Fan? Thank you for reading!

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out".-- Walter Winchell