Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Cause you've been hurt before,
I can see it in your eyes,
You try to smile it away,
Some things you just can't disguise.

"10 minutes class, then we'll start" our teacher yelled out, knowing nobody was listening anyways.

I was tying my shoes, when Marco walked up to me.

"How old are you?" he whispered with clinked teeth, but I could tell he was mad.

I tried to speak, but no noise came out. My throat literally tied up.

"How old?" he hissed, with his angry eyes staring me down.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, before answering.

"19" I whispered, looking down at the floor.

"You're- You're 19? You're a kid!"

"I'm not a kid!"

"Yes you are! How did you even get in to that club? I can't even" he mumbled, taking a step back from me.

I could tell he was fighting with his anger, which just made me feel even more uncomfortable. I felt like everyone was watching.

"How many other things did you lie about?" he tested me, there were no emotion in his eyes.

It broke my heart, it truly did.

"Nothing! Nothing, I swear!"

"How can I ever believe you? Do you even work?"

"Yes! I didn't lie about anything else! I swear, my feelings for you are real! It's not like you kept it clean!"

"What the hell are you talking about?" this time he yelled, which made my eyes go wet.

Marco realized he'd yelled quite loudly, which made him look around the room, checking if anyone had noticed, but it didn't seem like anyone did.

"Oh come on, I kick a ball around sometimes, really?"

"That's so not the same!"

"Yes it is!"

"You're such a child!" he roared at me, rolling his eyes.

That hit me right in the face and he knew right away, that he had hit a sore spot. The little pieces I had left of my heart broke, left me numb.

After everything I've been through, you couldn't call me a child, not anymore. I had to grow up way too fast for that.

"That's why I didn't tell you. I might be 19, but I know what you did, sure as hell was wrong too" I said, this time I didn't show many emotions.

Marco was just about to say something, when Sebastian laid his arm around my shoulder. His eyes were glowing, like a little kid on Christmas day.

"Aren't you going to introduce me?"

I put on a fake smile and I saw Marco do the same. We couldn't get caught, we both knew that. So no matter how angry we were at each other right now, we smiled friendly at each other.

"Sure, Marco this is Sebastian, Sebastian, this is Marco" I said, they shook hands.

"I'm such a huge fan! I play myself and I want to become just as good!" Sebastian said, smiling.

"Hello! Yeah, I remember you, we met-"

"Yeah we did!" he said, finishing Marco's sentence.

I know, I couldn't hold the tears back for much longer and I certainly didn't want Marco to see me cry, so I turned around about to walk away.