Chapter 20

Chapter 20

'Cause there'll be no sunlight,
If I lose you, baby,
There'll be no clear skies,
If I lose you, baby,
Just like the clouds,
My eyes will do the same, if you walk away,
Everyday it'll rain.

That was weird.

"Hello to you also" I laughed, trying to ease the tension.

Maybe he'd had a bad night or something? I stepped in, but Marco just looked at me.

"Don't laugh!" he said, making me look at him. His stare was blank.

"What?"

"You weren't here when I came back-"

"Sorry, I went out!" I said, getting a bit mad.

How dared he? He wasn't home and he definitely didn't own me, so if I wanted to go out, that's exactly what I would do. Marco took my hand and wrapped his fingers around mine.

"You weren't here when I came back and I hadn't heard from you, I was scared something had happened" he said, meeting my eyes.

It made the anger disappear, sending him a smile.

"It's wasn't because you went out, I just got worried, because it's really late"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" I smiled, before placing a kiss on his lips.

It was weird, but I wasn't used to someone caring like that, so whenever something happened, I went on defence mode. Marco knew that though, so he just let it pass. I pulled off my shoes and Marco's hoddie.

"Where were you?" he asked, as we walked into the living room.

I sat down on the sofa, turning on the TV.

"Hanging with Erik" I smiled, glancing up at him.

"With Erik? Like Erik?"

"Yeah?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh" Marco mumbled, before sitting down next to me.

My eyes were on the TV, but I could feel Marco's gaze burning at me, even though he didn't speak. I tilted my head, meeting his eyes.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Marco shrugged, licking his pinkish lips.

"You guys just seems to be close"

"Yeah, we always have been" I smiled, turning my attention back to the TV.

"Then why did the two of you stop talking?" He asked, with a low voice.

I shrugged my shoulders, shaking my head.

"I don't really know. Erik started to do the whole football thing and I focused on school... I had a bit of down period and then we just... got busy" I said, licking my lips.

"Why?" I asked, letting my eyes glance on him.

"I just... never heard you talk about him" he said, sending me a smile.

There was something behind it, though. It wasn't Marco's usual smile.

"Why? Do you have something against it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No... no, I just..." Marco said, before glancing down at the floor.

"Babe?" I said, tilting my head.

With my thumb, I lifted up his chin. I met his eyes, before sending him a little smile.

"I shouldn't worry, right?" he said, meeting my eyes.