Chapter 13

Chapter 13

'Cause you gonna take the good with the bad,
appreciate what you have,
and then find someone who will love you for that.

I walked down the grey halls, heading for the office. I could feel my heart beat a little faster, than it normally did. As I walked up to the door, I knocked, waiting for them to open. A tall, blond lady opened the door, giving me a little smile.

"Mila Montez" I smiled, she nodded friendly at me.

"Your cousin called, there is a family crisis and you are needed at home" she said, after she had looked down in her papers.

"He's waiting over there" she said and pointed.

I nodded, before turning away from her. My cousin? I don't even have a-...

"Marco?" I mumbled noiseless, as my eyes caught him.

He got up from the chair and walked over to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, pretty annoyed.

"You didn't return my calls"

"So you decided to turn up at my school, lie to the office and pull me out of class?" I asked, getting madder.

It could tell his jaw dropped a bit, as he didn't really know what to say.

"I guess so" he mumbled, which made me roll my eyes.

"You guess so? Great. I'll just go back to class" I said, starting to walk away.

Marco fast caught up with me, before softly, grabbing my wrist. I pulled it back, looking at him.

"What?" I asked, raising my voice.

"Mila, please!" Marco begged, once again, our eyes met.

Marco's eyes where different that usual. They weren't glowing, or sparkling, they were just kind of dull. I then realized, he was actually truly sad, or else they wouldn't be like this.

"Five minutes" I said, still a bit cold.

Marco sighted relieved, taking a deep breath. He let his fingers run through his blond hair.

"Mila, I'm sorry okay! At first, I didn't really know what I had done wrong, to be honest-"

"Great way to start, Marco-"

"Please, let me talk?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

I nodded, letting him know I would keep my mouth shut.

"But I do now. I shouldn't have let Carolin in, not when you were there. I shouldn't have let her talk to you like that, but it's.... complicated. We lived together, I mean, it was pretty serious and there are still things we need to deal with, before we can go our separate ways for good. But I know it hurt you and I hate that I did that, hurt you like that. I keep forgetting, that you are younger than me-"

"Seriously, that one again?" I half yelled, not being able to keep myself calm.

Marco, on the other hand, was very calm.

"Please Mila, let me talk. I keep forgetting you are younger than me, which means, I've tried a lot more things that you, but I'm out of this whole teenage zone, you aren't. I remembered what it was like being 19, all the pressure, all the stress, all the insecurities" he said, raising his eyebrow.

So Marco finally got it, he actually got it.

"When I was 19, I was a wreck and I keep forgetting, you still have to deal with all of that. I have to be aware of that, because that is such a huge part of your life. And Mila, you have a lot of insecurities, probably, because a lot of bad things has happened to you, and I shouldn't forget that" he said, sending me a little, but sad smile.