Chapter 32

GRACIE POV:  After being in the hospital for a couple of days, we are getting discharged today. So far Sammy is such a good baby. I just hope when we get home, he sleeps just as much as he slept in the hospital. I've been doing breast feeding mostly but also at times the bottle. I heard its better for the baby to breast feed, but after awhile it can hurt a little and I want to be able to give William a chance to feed and bond with his son.  So when he's around, I just may pump into a bottle for him. I have some formula on hand just in case. But for the most part I want to give him breast milk. "okay Gracie, here's your discharge papers. Now you need to follow up with his pediatrician within the next few days" "okay I will thank you" I was helped in a wheelchair and William helped wheel me out while I held the baby.  My dad pulled the car around. He helped me up to get in the car. I got in and put Sammy in his seat and buckled him in. "ok I will follow behind" William said  "Okay" He closed the door and my dad got back in. "okay you ready?"  "yes I'm ready to be home" Once we got home I went upstairs to my room with Sammy. I was surprised to see a rocking chair in their for me. "oh wow.." "you like it?" I turned around and saw my mom standing there. "I love it thank you! Thank you for everything" "oh Gracie its our pleasure. Now try to get as much rest as you can while he is asleep" "okay I will. When William gets here.." "I will send him up" "thanks mom" I than put Sammy in his basinet and thanfully he stayed sleeping. I got in my bed and laid down. I was drifting off when I felt arms around me. I turned around and smiled "hey" "Hey beautiful, get some rest" "ok" I than fell asleep. I woke up to crying. I started to get up. "here let me" William said. I slowly got up and went to sit in the rocking chair. "he's probably hungry" I said. "ok I will change his diaper for you, than you can feed him" "ok" I watched as he changed his diaper. "wow daddy very good" "thanks!" He than handed him over to me. I than started to feed him. "hey can you hand me that blanket, just in case someone decides to come in" "yeah sure" I than covered him up just in case. "does that hurt?" "No not really, just kinda feels weird but I wanted to try to do this for him" "Hey I understand" "but I am also going to pump into some bottles so you can be able to feed him" "oh ok but you don't have to" "I know but I want to"  He smiled. I than stopped to burp him. "wow your a natural" "thanks but my mom really helped me on what to do. I didn't have a clue" he laughed a little "well your doing great. You're a great mom" "thanks and your a great dad" "well I don't know about that" "Hey don't say that. Your doing great" "thanks, I just wish I could stay to help you" "yeah I know but you can stay as long as you want" "I know and your parents have been so great" "I know I just wish.." "That I could stay the night?" "yeah" "I know but I want to respect your parents and their rules" "wow you are really trying to suck up huh?" We both laughed than there was a knock on the door. "come in" "Hey is everything ok?" "yeah fine, I just fed him" "do you want anything to eat or anything?" "yeah I can come down" "you sure?" "yeah" I than got up. William took Sammy and we went downstairs. I was surprised when I saw my meemwaw "Hey meemaw" "Hey honey how are you feeling?" "Good" "Well you look wonderful, Oh Hi William" "Hi Miss Betty" "is that.." I smiled "yes, meemaw this is Samuel,well Sammy and Sammy this is your great meemaw" "Oh honey he is so beautiful" "Do you want to hold him?" "can I?" "Of course" William than handed him over to my grandmother. She sat down and held him. I than went into the kitchen to get something to eat.