Chapter 33

TIM POV: It's nice having Gracie and the baby home. He is such a good baby. Looks just like Gracie did when she was a baby. William has spent a lot of time here and I'm glad. Most boys his age wouldn't do that. But he's really stepped up and helped Gracie a lot. He sure loves his son. Makes me smile. Than makes me think back  to my dad, how he didn't acknowledge me till I was 17 years old. I met him the first time when I was 11 years old but he wanted nothing to do with me. Finally when I was 17 we started to have a relationship and had till he died. He was a great man. He did have a great heart. I decided to not hold any grudges on the past and to move on with the future. So when I see William with his son, it makes me happy. I than heard crying. "Is that Sammy?" "yeah" "oh wow, he never cries like that" "yeah I know, I'm going to check on her" "Faith, no let her do it. If she needs us, she will come to us. I don't want her to think we are interfering or trying to tell her what to do with her child" "yeah your right. I just want.." "to help her" "yeah" There was than a knock at the door. I got up and opened it "hey Gracie, is everything ok?" "I.. I don't know I can't get him to stop crying" "did you try feeding him?" "yes I did, he won't take it, I even tried a bottle. I changed him, I rocked him. I don't know what else to do. Maybe something is wrong? should I take him to the ER?" "Honey I'm sure he's fine, just being fussy" "but dad, he's never like this" She said almost in tears. "here honey let me try" Faith said. She than handed him to her. Faith walked around rocking him and than started to sing to him and within a few minutes he settled down and fell asleep in her arms. "how did you do that mom?" "Oh honey Its luck" "No it's not! I'm a lousy mother, I can't even calm my own baby!" "Hey don't say that, your doing a great job, your a great mom" I said "thanks but.." "hey can I tell you a story?" "is this gonna be long? Because I'm tired" "Hey!" "sorry dad" "ok well when we first brought you home, you did the same thing. You cried for a good couple of hours straight. I was trying to let your mom sleep but nothing I did was working. I tried singing, but I guess I wasn't that good" "Dad no your a great singer" "thanks but anyways, I woke up your mom and after a few minutes, she had you calmed down and asleep" "oh wow" "yeah I thought I was a lousy dad" "but your a great dad" "Thanks and your a great mom, you will learn these things" "Thanks dad" she said and hugged me. "Ok Mom I will take him,thank you" Faith than handed him to Gracie and she went back to her room. "you still got that magic touch" "its a gift" we both laughed.