Chapter 36: Too Late...Or are we?

Hey guys, so judging by the title. This chapter is gonna be a little sad. At first. Let's get started.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Sakura POV

I just laid there. Suffering. I crawled over to get my clothes on. I put on my t-shirt and the skinny jeans I had on and I just contemplated life. 'Why am I even here? I wish I can just drift off and cease into nothingness.' Then right as I was losing hope, I saw a window. It was huge, I was sure able to get through.
How did I not notice that before? I got up and made sure Koujo wasn't coming. I jumped but I missed. So I bent down and jumped up grabbing onto the ledge. I pulled myself up only to notice there are no latches to open it. I had no shoes on and if I planned on running away I couldn't use my feet to break the glass.
I rammed my shoulder into it not doing any damage. I hear him running up to the room. I rammed the window more, my shoulder was beginning to numb. I felt nothing in it. I hit it more. Once. Twice. Three times. He opened the door and I rammed it harder, breaking the glass. I fell with the broken glass, not moving an inch. I landed outside and I felt pricks and pinches of the window in my forearm. I ran into the woods looking for safety. I was beginning to feel dizzy, the loss of blood getting to me. I swayed side to side and my legs gave out from under me and I fell to the ground with a loud thud. I laid there. Thinking. I feel the life washing out of my body like waves crashing onto a beach, washing away any track of human existance.
And then I heard footsteps. Multiple of them. I looked to the side and saw the Akatsuki. They passed right by me but I saw one person still behind. I managed to grab his ankle. He looked back while the rest ran.

Itachi POV

The Akatsuki and I ran through the woods. We finally found her location thanks to Zetsu and Kakazu. Then I felt something grab my ankle and I looked down. The others ran and I figured I just let them deal with Koujo.
I bent down and looked at her. Her hair spread out around her and it was short. I took her pale body into my arms. "Sakura. Hey, Hime. You're okay. You'll be fine alright." I whispered to her. She smiled and whimpered as her forearm grazed my torso. I saw blood running around her arm and little pieces of glass in her arm. "I...I don't think I will be. Not this time." She wheezed and coughed. I shook my head, tears running down my face for the first time in my life.
"You'll be okay. We'll get you to to a hospital, they'll take care of you." My voice cracked as I spoke. "Itachi...I'm sorry. It's too late to tell you this. I know it is and I just want to let you know that..." I cut her off by pressing my lips to hers. It was heaven.
We stayed like that for what seemed like years. Her slightly cracked yet somehow soft lips feeling cold on my warm ones. We broke apart and I looked at her face. She looked peaceful. I cried even harder. "Sakura, come on. You can't leave me. Not like this. Please...please." My voice getting softer and softer every word I spoke. The others came running back only to find her in my arms...completely still. They all looked down. "We were too late." Kisame whispered just loud enough for us to hear. Then I hear light breathing. And we all immediately recognize the wheeze added to it.

Welp that's it. The End. Jokes, another chapter is coming up soon.