Chapter 39: Happy Ending

No intro. Just go.

##########################################

No One's POV

      "I'm very sorry but the machine malfunctioned. Ms. Haruno is well and going. She is actually awake now. Sorry for the scare." The Akatsuki sweat dropped at that statement. "'Sorry for the scare,'" Hidan mocked the doctor as they walked. They stepped into her room to see her awake.

Pein POV

      "How are you Sakura?" I said to her. I saw her look up at hearing my voice. She smiled at me and said, "I'm okay. Just a little sore." I nodded. I looked around the room and the Akatsuki began to socialize with Sakura. I spotted Itachi in the corner and smirked.

Itachi POV

      I saw Pein smirk at me. I gave him the finger. I knew what he was thinking and I didn't like it. "What happened to your face Hidan? Itachi, you too?" Sakura spoke lightly. I stiffened. Hidan did as well. "It's nothing you're the one in the hospital." (A/N: For a third time this story.) She looked unsatisfied with my answer but dropped the topic. "Akatsuki. Let's leave Sakura to rest. She wouldn't want us here too long. Let's rest. We'll visit tomorrow." We said goodbye, and as I was about to leave Pein stopped me. "I think you should talk to her." He smirked before closing the door.

Sakura POV

      I saw Pein shut the door in Itachi's face. Then he walked closer to me. 'What's happening?' I thought. Then I remembered the kiss. I blushed brightly and saw Itachi smile at me. He sat by my side and ran his fingers through my hair. I closed my eyes and smiled back at him. "Sakura. What happened with the kiss, I, uhh, didn't mean to. I-I mean, I meant to, I just didn't-" I cut him off by kissing him. I felt him immediately respond back and we stayed there for a while. I pulled back, my forehead on his, and looked at him. He smiled a little, saying those three little words that I've never heard since my dad passed. "I love you." My heart fluttered hearing that. That time with my stepdad, I thought I would never be able to tell him. This is my chance. I kissed his cheek and whispered quietly, "I love you too." We kissed again. It was beautiful.

########!#######!#!######!#######!######!######!!!!!###!!!!!#

Epilogue is the final chapter. To see these two together in life. I'm so proud. Later guys!!!