Give This a Try

Chapter 10: Give This a Try
(Chapter 9 Continued)
Chrystal Jackson

"No. I heard you. I just... why?" Lucas said.

"Same exact reason 4 years ago." I said.

He ran his fingers through his hair. "Your serious right?" He asked.

"If I wasn't I wouldn't want to give 'us' a chance." I said.

Lucas gave a slick smile and turned back around. He looked back at me and chuckled. I looked away to avoid eye contact.

"One chance." Lucas said, suddenly standing in front of me.

"How cliché. Best friends dating." I said and he laughed.

"Who said we were dating?" He asked me and my mouth opened in shock.

"I'm just playing." He said and walked upstairs. I followed behind him and we went to the room.

I sat down on the bed and turned the tv on. I changed the channel to BET. Lucas went into the bathroom and turned the light on. I grabbed my phone and saw a text from Melanie.

mel: im going to the mall tomorrow. let me know if you want to come. and bring Lucas.
chrys: alright, i'll think about it. it's weird between us right now.
mel: how??
chrys: told him I didn't want to b best friends anymore n b sumthin more like he wanted 4 years ago n he said one chance bt I dn't kno if we date now or wat
mel: dang

I sighed and put my phone down and he came out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. I didn't even hear the shower running. Oh well, what matters is how fine he looks. His curls were wet and the water dripped down his neck and to his chest and disappeared into the towel.

I bit my lip and looked away at the tv. I cleared my throat and he chuckled.

"I saw you looking. Your not slick." He said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, seeing him now in his boxers putting on basketball shorts.

"You.. like what you see." He said, crawling on the bed and stopping in front of me.

I looked at him and he smiled. I laughed a bit and pushed him back a little.

"Nah, don't be pushing me." Lucas said and kissed my cheek.

I wiped his kiss off and he gasped. He kissed my cheek again then licked it. "Eww, Luca." I said and he laughed.

I stopped laughing and he was just looking at me. I looked away and back at him to see him biting his lip.

"What?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "Nothing your just really beautiful. Twenty (20) times more beautiful without makeup on." Lucas said and I smiled.

"Thanks." I said, looking down at his lips.

"Anything for you baby girl." He said, licking his lips. He moved closer and I backed up.

"Seriously. Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him.

Next thing I know, a pair of lips were on mine. I fell back on the bed and Lucas grabbed my waist. I'm not going to lie, the kiss was nice I just didn't expect it. He pulled away and sat back. I touched my lips and looked up at him.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to do that." He said.

I nodded. Being quiet was my best bet for right now. I grabbed my hair tie off the end table and tied my hair up. I laid down and finally fell asleep and I heard his deep voice in my ear.

"I'm willing to give us- this a try."