Mall

Chapter 11: Mall
Lucas Coly

It was finally morning. I woke up and didn't feel Chrystal next to me. That's when the bathroom door swung open and she walked out with a towel wrapped around her body.

"What time is it?" I asked her.

"11:35." Chrystal said, grabbing her clothes and going back into the bathroom.

"Why are you up early?" I asked, getting up walking in the bathroom.

"Going to the mall with Melanie and her boyfriend." She said, combing her hair.

"Oh." I said and looked in the mirror.

"You can come too. You just have to get ready like right now. I told her I was meeting her at 12:30." Chrystal said and I nodded.
- - -
We left the house and Chrystal got on the drivers seat. I sat in the passenger seat and she started the car. I looked at her and she put on her shades and turned the radio up. She had Magnificent by Young Thug playing. She rapped along and I just sat back and looked at her.

"What?" She asked, looking at me and moving her hair out her face.

She rolled the windows down and I shook my head. "Nothing, you look beautiful." I said and she smiled.

"Thank you." She said and I nodded, taking out my phone.

"So, what's Melanie's boyfriend name?" I asked her.

"I don't remember. She told me but I'm not good with names like that." She said and laughed.

I nodded and we pulled up at the mall. She stopped the car and we got out. We walked inside and she was on the phone.

"Yeah, we just walked in. Where yall at? . . . Ok, we're coming now . . . Tell him I said hi . . . Haha, yeah whatever . . . Alright bye." She said and started walking.

I just followed behind her quietly. I don't know what was wrong but ever since last night she's been quiet and not talking to me. I mean, she is the one that wanted to be together so I don't know what her deal is.
- - -
We met up with Melanie and her boyfriend whose name is Jaiden. He's cool and everything but I got to be careful who I hang around sometimes. Chrystal still hasn't really spoken to me since I got up this morning.

"Chrystal can I talk to you real quick?" I asked and she nodded.

I grabbed her hand and took her near the bathrooms. She leaned on the wall and crossed her arms across her chest. I just looked at her and she moved her hair out her face.

"You gonna talk or you just gonna stare?" She asked me.

"What's up with the attitude?" I asked her.

"What attitude?" Chrys said and snapped at me.

"That attitude right there. And then you don't speak to me throughout the whole entire day." I said and she sighed.

"Are we done?" She asked, looking at her phone.

"No. Chrystal what's up? You know you can tell me anything." I told her and and she laughed a bit.

"Nothings wrong Luca." She said. I'm not letting that nickname be used against me this time.

"Is it because of last night? I swear, I didn't mean to do what I did." I said.

"That's just it." She mumbled.

"Huh?" I asked, looking confused.

"You didn't mean to kiss me. Yet, right after that you said you're willing to give this - whatever this is a try. If you didn't mean it why'd you say it let alone kiss me. You know what, we'll talk about this at home." She said and started walking away.

I grabbed her waist and pushed her against the wall. I don't know what came over me again but I kissed her. After a few minutes, she pulled away and looked at me.

"I meant that." I said and she smiled a bit. I smirked and we walked back to Mel and Jaiden.

"Took yall long enough. What were yall doing?" Melanie asked.

We just looked at each other and back at them.