Jealousy

Chapter 29: Jealousy
Chrystal Jackson

After lunch with Keith, we said our good byes, exchanged numbers, and I went home for the day. I decided I was going to clean the house so I took a shower, put on shorts and a t shirt and started cleaning. Music from pandora was playing throughout the house.

I started in the living room and worked my way upstairs to the bedrooms. It was only 5:30 and I knew Lucas was getting home soon. I was still kinda full from lunch because of all the French fries they kept giving us.

I went into the kitchen and made some chicken fettuccine alfredo, broccoli, and garlic bread. It might tie him over but if it doesn't I'll fix something else.

"Honey I'm home." Lucas said coming through the front door.

"Hey baby." I said. "Every time I get home you in the kitchen." He said and leaned down. I reached up and kissed his soft lips.

"Yeah because I know your hungry when you get home." I told him and he nodded.

"You right." He said and made a goofy face.

I laughed. "Go upstairs and shower. Food will be done soon." I told him. Turning the stove off and covered the food to trap the heat. 

I walked upstairs and heard the shower turn on. I paused the music on my phone and turned the TV on. A few minutes later Lucas came out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and his curls were wet.

"So what did you do today?" Lucas asked me.

"I went to do my photoshoot. I have to see if they sent them yet. It was a topless shoot." I said.

"Hmm? Topless?" He asked. "Yeah but I had on a strapless bra but they were headshots. I don't start my full body pictures until next week." I told him.

"Oh ok. You were ok with that?" He asked, putting on a tank top.

"I had to ask Dianne about it and she got everybody to stop staring." I told him and he nodded.

"I just want you to be comfortable with what your doing." Lucas and leaned on top of me. I smiled and he smiled and kissed me.

I pulled away and looked at him, rubbing my hand through his curls. "Your food is downstairs. It's getting cold." I told him.

"Your not eating?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No." I said.

"Why? My baby never turns down food." He said, getting up.

"Yeah but I had lunch with Keith." I told him. Lord here it goes. In 3... 2... 1..

"You had lunch with who?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"Keith. You remember when you met him the f-" I said and he cut me off.

"Yeah Chrystal I remember. Who asked who?" He said.

"He did. Lucas there's nothing wrong wi-" "I don't give a fuck. I knew that nigga was to friendly for my liking with you." Lucas said.

"Luca it's not that serious. He just wants to be nice. I didn't take it any other way because I have you and he knows that." I told him getting up and touching his face.

He moved his face and glared at me. "Does he really? Because if he knew you were with me why would he still try? Huh?"

"To be friends. There's nothing wrong with having friends Lucas. Your being to protective and I can handle myself." I said sitting back on my legs and crossing my arms.

"Handle yourself? Oh aight." He said nodding and walked out.

Yes I can handle myself. I'm a grown women who can care for herself. It's not like I depend on everybody to do things for me.

"Why can't you realize that people are going to be nice to you? That maybe every once in a while a friendly face wants to show up? You act like I always have to be with you." I said to him, standing on the steps.

"Ok." He said sitting down with his food and started eating not answering my questions.

"Since you wanna 'ok' me.. you can go back to your house. Or sleep on the couch but your not going into the bedroom." I said going back into my room and locking my door.

No reason to be so jealous over someone who just wants to be friends. And trust me.. if Keith was to do something that disrespected Lucas and I relationship I would tell him about it myself.

The next morning...

I woke up and went to the bathroom to wash my face. I unlocked the door and opened it to Lucas sleeping on the couch but he was shivering. As much as I was upset I wasn't going to treat him bad. After all he is my best friend and my boyfriend. I grabbed the throw blanket that was on the other couch and covered him up and kissed his cheek.

My phone rung and saw it said Keith😂🔥❤. I answered it going into the kitchen.

"Don't you have other friends?" I answered not saying hello.

"Ha ha ha.. very funny. And yes, yes I do. I just decided that you'll be one I annoy first on this beautiful morning." Keith said, his voice deeper than usual.

"Whatever. What do you want?" I asked taking out pancake batter to make pancakes of course and bacon for Lucas and I.

"Good morning Chrystal. I slept very good last night thanks for asking. I'm doing fine, about to work out. How 'bout you?" Keith said, I could tell that bright smile was framed upon his nice freckled face.

"I didn't ask." I said, mixing the batter.

"Chrystal dang. Who woke you up on the wrong side of the bed? Be nice." Keith said.

"Uggghhh.. good morning. I slept ok and I'm good. Making Lucas and I breakfast. Happy?" I said with a smile.

"Yes, yes I am." He said.

I rolled my eyes smiling. "No but forreal I wanted to know what you had planned for today? My other friends and I are having a party." He told me.

"Nothing unless Lucas had something planned. But if we don't I'll let you know." I told him.

"Alright cool.. I'll text you the details." Keith said and I nodded.

"Okay. Is that all?" I asked.

"Uhh... " He said. "Keith." I said.

"Nah I'm playing. That's it." He said.

"Ok. Bye." I said. "Bye Chryyyssttaalll..." He dragged on.

I laughed and hung up. How did I get involved with him.

"Keith huh?" I heard Lucas ask.

I turned around sighed. "Yes. He invited us to a party." I told him moving my hair out my face.

"Us or you?" He asked. "US!! Geesh Lucas." I said.

Another chapter posted the next day. I hope you enjoyed. I try to add humor because I know Keith is goofy so bear with me. The jokes I try to tell my boyfriend he says are lame so... yeah. But anyways vote, comment, share.

I would appreciate a little more feedback on this one and the last chapter 'Working.'

I think Lucas really needs to get over himself. People are going to want to be friends with others. Nothing wrong with that.