Engaged!!??

Chapter 33: Engaged!!??
Lucas Coly

I finally found the ring!! After three weeks of looking I finally found it. I know it's been a couple months since we've actually been together as a couple but everyday goes by that I think of wifing her.. so why not?

"Babe, I'm out!" I said going to the front door.

"For the fourth time this week Lucas??" Chrystal asked, coming towards me.

"Yes.." I said and opened the door.

"No." She said and closed the door back. "Where you be going Lucas? Hmm?" She asked.

"Can't tell you babe." I told her and ran my fingers through my curls.

"For the tenth time. There someone else?" She said. Okay, she been kinda cool but this going to far.

"The fuck? Ain't nobody else. I can't believe you would even ask that." I said, trying not to get loud.

"I mean you been gone and coming back late for the fourth time this week. Can't tell me anything when I ask. What else am I supposed to think?" Chrystal said, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at me.

"Because I can't. I thought you trusted me and you wanna talk about there being someone else." I yelled.

"I do trust you! Don't ever question that." She yelled as well.

"Really? Don't sound like trust to me." I said and leaned against the wall.

"You've been coming home late Lucas! I don't wanna be feeling the bed shift at 1 in the morning. I've been going to bed alone I don't wanna do that Lucas!" She said.

"Im not about to have this conversation. I said I was going out and I'll be back later." I said and walked to the front door.

"Fine, expect to sleep down here when you come back at the odd hour of the night." She said and walked away upstairs.

"Love you too." I said and walked out.

Yeah... Maybe I should have told y'all about that too. Don't be mad at me, I've been going out to plan for the proposal.

It's sometimes hard to get the best people I want to plan this. I've been going all around the city trying to get things right. I've even asked Jaiden for help on some things.

So, yeah I come home late but not because of there being someone else.

I made a few calls around to everyone that I asked to help plan this. I went to the park where I asked it to be closed off so no one would ruin it by going over to it. My baby girl deserves the best and I wanna be the one to give that to her and more.
-----

"Babe come on get ready." I said waking Chrystal up.

"Leave me alone Lucas. I'm not going anywhere with you." She said and turned the other way.

"Please? You'll really love this." I told her and kissed her cheek.

"Move." She said, brushing me off.

"I don't have time for this. Get up!" I said sternly and she sat up looking at me surprised.

"Dang ok." She said and I sighed.

I watched her get out the bed and make her way to the bathroom. I'm trying to make sure this ends up being a good day because it didn't start out so right.

"What am I supposed to wear?" Chrystal asked me.

"Something fancy and cute." I said smiling at her.