Chapter 8

Chapter 8

*2 weeks later*

Candi Pov

Kory and I have been seeing each other nonstop and I am loving it. Now is the time that I break Henry the news about getting a divorce. I wanted to wait until Kory and I break the news to our partners.

I heard Henry pull up outside and I saw him examine my new car. "Hey Henry baby, your trip took longer than expected, how was it?" I asked. "It was fine, I Had to take care of some business Did you cook anything?" he asked. "No, I didn't know you were coming today," I said nervously. He gave me death glare and I instantly grew nervous. "Whatever, just have my dinner ready by the time I get out of the shower? Oh by the way, whats up with the new car?" he asked. "The Nissan stopped working so I got a new one," I said. "UMM okay," he said then went upstairs. I swear I can't stand this man. I was so ready for him to go to sleep so I could go see my future wife and I honestly did not care if Henry found out us either.

**Kory Pov**

"Kory baby! Dinner is ready!" Denise yelled from the kitchen. I got up and put on a fake smile as I walked down the stairs. I haven't found the right time to break the news to her that I wanted to call off the wedding. Ever since Candi and I reunited, I lost all my feelings for Denise.

"Hey thanks baby, for this nice dinner, you cooked my favorite fried chicken and rice. I love it!" I said. I really hated her cooking. She couldn't cook worth shit, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

We both sat down, said our grace, and began to dig in our food. "So babe, have any ideas for the wedding?" Denise asked. "Nah, I haven't been thinking too much about it really," I said. "Why? Aren't you excited for the wedding?" she said. "I guess so, I just have more important things on my mind right now," I said. "MORE IMPORTANT THINGS! WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT THAN ME!" Denise yelled. "YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE?" she yelled again. "Of course baby, I just -, I don't know I made a mistake okay! I don't want to get married," I said calmly. I eventually regretted breaking things off so soon, but I didn't want to dread this any longer, all I wanted was Candi.

Denise started crying uncontrollably and I eventually felt horrible for her.

"What did I ever do to you? All I wanted to do was be a good wife to you, love you, and soon have your kids and this is how you do me?" she cried. "I'm sorry Denise, it's just that I thought I was ready for marriage, but I am not! I am so sorry for hurting you," I said to her, but she continued to cry. "I will some clothes and get a hotel for a few days until I find somewhere else to stay," she said. "Look Denise, you don't have to leave, okay," I pleaded. "No I can't bear to look at you, let alone be in the same house as you, I'm leaving," she said. Denise ran upstairs to gather her things and eventually she was gone. I felt horrible for hurting her, but I did what I had to do.

**Candi Pov**

I was lying in bed after my shower and I picked up one of my favorite Zane books to read before bed. I heard Henry get out of the shower and I instantly got annoyed. I can barely stand to look at this man let alone lying in bed with him. He walked out of the bathroom butt naked and I wasn't appealed. "So you gonna give me some of that good pussy or what?" he said walking towards me. "Henry, I'm really not in the mood for sex right now," I said. "Fuck that! You're gonna give me some ass whether you like it or not!" he said angrily. He walked towards and I tried to run off of the bed, but he caught me and threw me on the bed. Flashbacks back of Dontay raping me came across my mind and this time I was scared out of my mind. He began to slap and beat me while taking my pajamas off. When I received the chance I kneed him in his manhood and ran for my life. I grabbed my phone and my car keys and pushed started the car. I ran inside and I began to drive off. I began to cry while dialing Kory's number.

"Hello?" she answered with a sleepy voice. "Baby, I need you right now!" I cried. "Okay baby, calm down. Where are you?" she asked. "Im driving down Maple Street. Can you please meet me somewhere baby, ill pay for the hotel, I just need to be close to you right now. "Okay, we don't have to get a hotel, you can come to my house. Ill text you the address," she said. "I was really shocked that she was actually inviting me to her house. Her fiancé must not be there. I don't care anymore, all I want is Kory.

Vote and Comment