Chapter 17- A visit from Gramma

Grammy is hovering over me as she tells me a story.

"Now, my great great great grampa got sick. My great great great gramma was heartbroken, and 17 at the time. they weren't married at this point, but she loved him as if they were. Now, great great great gramma went to a voodoo lady, who said 'Write a song, child, about the death of your loved one, and sing it to him. He will be better the next day, I guarantee.' So great great great gramma did this, and he was better the next day. Since that day, in every generation of the family, the boy has gotten hurt or sick when the girl is 17, and she has written a song, and he has gotten better. Take this with you, child, and remember it when you are 17."

I am jolted awake from the dreams of my gramma with tears in my eyes. I miss my gramma so much... then I remember what gramma said.

"Take this with you, child, and remember it when you are 17."

and I do as she says right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goodbye Love

I swear I felt your dying breath from miles and miles away

It hollowed out my chest, I felt your love escape

While you were lying on your deathbed, my head was on a pillow case crying "Goodbye Love, I'm gonna be okay"

Goodbye love, I'm gonna be okay

Goodbye love, I know it has to be this way

Goodbye love

There's a place our love remains

It is captured in time

It's still there in NYC, your hands woven into mine

It is perfectly untouched

It knows no loss, no pain

Oh goodbye love, I'm gonna be okay

'

Goodbye love, I'm gonna be okay

Goodbye love, I know it has to be this way

Goodbye love

I'm gonna be okay

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sing it to Kye as soon as the doctors let me in. Oh, Grammy, please let the story be true. Let him live, let it work.................

I can walk now. The nurses have bandaged the wounds, but not enough for me not to feel intense pain anymore. I go back to my room, collapse on the bed, and cry my heart out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! I know it's too short, but I need to give credit to Liz Longley for the last two songs. "Rush" was written by her, and I edited the lyrics to "Goodbye Love" to fit the situation. I <3 Liz Longley, just like I <3 Jason Mraz and Sara Bareilles!