Chapter 13- Will My Single Status survive the Night?

The limo arrives at, not at Uncle Chester's house, but at a hotel.! Not just any hotel- The Kings Court in NYC! The floors revolved, so you can get a view of the city very easily.

When we check in, there are two rooms for us- both suites on the top floor! Uncle Chester informs me that he will take one suite for himself, and that Kye and I will take the other. Before Uncle Chester goes into his suite, he winks at me. What? Does he know something I don't.

"I'll be right back. You go on in." He tells me. Okaaaaaay.

I walk in and-Oh.My.God. Kye must have come here before and done this. Rose petals are scattered everywhere, along with paper hearts and a few white rose petals. There are pajamas on the bed with a note in Kye's handwriting; 'Put this on and go to the closet.' I do so, and there's a silk bathrobe. I've never had anything or touched anything silk before! I slip the soft fabric on, and it feels like a warm, tropical cloud has settled around me. This time the note says, 'go into the bathroom.' I walk in, and there's a rosy light, coloring the bubbles coming out of the bathtub a light hue of red. The new note reads 'Take a relaxing bubble bath, then wipe off the makeup. you look better without it.' The bath is heavenly, and it feels awesome to wipe that horrible paint off of my face. Ahhhh. So much better. I see another note on the mirror. 'Dry yourself off with the towel next to you, then put the bathrobe back on. Go to the kitchen next.' The towel is so fluffy, and luxuriously warm.

In the kitchen is a beautiful candlelight dinner, with my favorite food, cheese and broccoli soup! How did Kye find out so much about me? When I'm finished, I find a laminated note down at the bottom of my soup bowl. 'Go to the balcony.' We have a balcony? I go to the living room, and lo and behold, there's the balcony, with Kye standing there, looking out over New York, with the sunset behind him. Wow......

He hears me approach, and turns around, silhouetted by the orange glow of the setting sun. He walks toward me, and pulls me into a soft embrace.

"I hated all of those boys, wanting you. That one other girl had no brain, it was all dematerialized by Facebook and texting. Naomi, you have a brain, and I know that you hated all of those boys just as much as I did. Naomi..." He trails off, looking deep into my eyes. I see his head coming closer to mine, and soon, his lips are pressed agains mine. Oh, God, yes......

We break apart, and just stare at the sunset. Oh wow, that was my first kiss! This is awesome! I could stay like this forever.