Chapter 5- An Unexpected Twist.....

Kye's POV: Her face turns pale, which only emphasizes the scar. One from her eye to her cheek. Uncle told me she had gotten it from the lab. She had been beaten many times there, and was once beaten by a man holding a knife. Poor chick. If only I could tell her how I feel.

Naomi's POV: I feel my knees give out under me. The linoleum tiles rush up to meet me, and I fall to my knees. My waist-length, jet black hair drifts around me. The purple streak, my power color, falls right in front of my face. I'm so terrified. I can only choke out a few words.

"You're lucky you don't remember your mother. It only hurts more, because you remember who she was and what a wonderful person she was. You remember her hug, the feel ing of being tucked in, her smile. you're lucky you don't remember her." I remember the last sentence he said. " O.M.G. Your uncle's gonna kill me?"

Kye crouches down. " Agree to everything the big man says. Join his army and he won't kill you. Relax." He helps me stand up, and I find my forehead shockingly close to his. Umm.... "I won't let him hurt you." He whispers, his arms circling my waist, his hands touching my back........ his hands are so soft........ Quickly, Kye turns around and walks out of the room. "Change into the clothes on your bed. I'l be waiting outside. Call me in when you're done." He's gone.

WHAT THE HELL??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?