Chapter 12- The Interveiw

"So, Chester Fantasia-can I call you CF?- where do you come in with all of this?" Oprah asks. Uncle Chester laughs.

"Why, yes, you may call me CF. Naomi is my adopted daughter, and my spokes girl. I'm running for president. As you know, elections are this season." The crowd applauds.

"Great! Kye Fantasisa- KF?- where are you in all of this?"

"Well Oprah, you can call me KF. I'm CF's nephew. No blood relation to Naomi at all, just a good friend." Kye responds. Why'd he include the bit about blood relatives?

"That's cool! Okay, Naomi-" the crowd interrupts with a burst of applause. Ugh. "Naomi. How'd you come to CF here?"

Okay, likable. Time for a pity party. "Well you see, I didn't start with powers or ears or a tail. My father murdered my mother when I was 10, then left my brother and I alone. Our drunken uncle was our only relative, and abused us often. When I was 15, he sold me to a lab for a hunk of money. I haven't seen my brother since. I got beat up at the lab, and once a guy beat me with a knife. That's why I have this." I pointed to the scar. " My one friend, Tabatha, had wolf ears and a tail. One day, they took her in for a brain experiment, and she died on the operating table. That night, I snuck into the lab and grafted my own DNA with wolf DNA. I left the lab that same night, and CF rescued me, after living in the streets. I'm seventeen now, and haven't had a real friend before Chester and Kye or after Tabitha. I went for two years with no one but myself. My drunken Uncle is still looking for me, but he's so cruel. I don't wanna go back. It's so hard." I let a tear fall down my face. I hadn't told anyone my feelings like that since Tabitha, and I just wore my heart on my sleeve on live TV. The funny thing is, none of that was acting. All true-to-life.

"Wow." Oprah whispers, and a murmuring comes from the crowd. Oprah gets a signal from a guy offstage. 5 minutes. "Okay, we're now taking questions from the audience." About every hand shot up. Oprah picked a kinda cute boy, about 18 years old, in the front row. Not as cute as Kye, though.... Woah. No. Bad Naomi. Meh. "Who's your question for, kid"

"Um, yes, my name's Arthur. Naomi, do you have a boyfriend?"

Woah, geez. Kye and I had decided that I was single. I hoped it was only just for the moment...... Wah! Meh. No, Naomi. " Um, no Arthur, I don't have a boyfriend." I saw a lot of boys react happily, and something told me that they'd all be waiting at the limo.

Then, Oprah called on a pretty, skinny girl, my age, and much prettier then me. Her question was for Kye.

Kye's POV: She's not prettier than Naomi. Not even close. She looks shallow and empty-headed, too. Yuck. I need a girl with a brain in her head.

"Um, yeah, like, Kye? My name is like, Melanie. Like, do you, like, have a, like, girlfriend?" She burst out. Too many likes. I don't like her at all. " No I don't, Melanie." I wish Naomi was my girlfriend. She has a brain in her head, unlike most females in the USA. Then, I decided something. Tonight, I'd show her how I feel.

Naomi's POV: I hear girly screams of glee from all over the room.Oh, geez.

I can't scream like that. Does Kye find it attractive? I hope not....

"Well, Naomi, we're almost out of time, but there's one more thing we'd like you to do." A robot comes out across the room. "Can you fight this for us?"

I give a heavy exaggerated sigh. "Okay, but I don't have any weapons with me, so I have to use hand to hand combat." I rip off the bottom layer of my skirt, so I have better mobility, and rush at the thing.

I give it a spinning snap kick to its neck, a few punches, and I sweep its legs out from under it, then give the robot a heavy pile-driver. Sparks fly up from its chest, and I bring my fists down on its head. Its glowing red eyes flicker out. The crowd whoops and applauds. About 15 proposal rings are flung at me, and Uncle Chester goes around, picking them up. I take a bow, and we're off the air.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as I predicted, hundreds of screaming teenage boys and girls are waiting at the limo. Boys grab my clothes , trying to keep ahold of me. One manages to kiss my cheek. Ewww. Before anyone can actually grab us, we're in the limo, with a hoard of screaming teenagers chasing after us.