Chapter 3.

I stared wide eyed at Christy who stood with a hand on her hip. I had lost track of the time, having too much fun getting my mind off of everything. It wasn't like I was out drinking somewhere where I could potentially get caught by the police so I didn't see why this was such a big deal.

"Give me the bottle of alcohol, now. I'm not going to tell you again." Christy demanded.

I stood up from my comfortable place on the bed, almost toppling over as my feet hit the floor. Maybe I'd drank more than I thought. I steadied myself before making my way towards Christy in the doorway. As I approached her, I stretched my arm out, reluctantly handing her my half empty bottle of Captain Morgan.

"Follow me," she said as she took my bottle and headed down the hall.

I followed her, bumping into the the walls a couple of times before we entered the bathroom. Why hadn't she just took me to the one connected onto my room?

Handing me the bottle back she said, "Pour it out."

I was cornered in the small room without any other options so I obeyed her order. Twisting off the cap, I tried to sneak in one last drink. Christy narrowed her eyes at me as if she was daring me to do it. I thought about going through with it because I was already in trouble. What would she do about it, anyways? Kick me out? I was used to it.

Despite my inner rebellious thoughts, I tipped the opened bottle over, pouring in into the toilet. Christy flushed it when the bottle ran empty. If I was going to get kicked out for this, at least I would get to enjoy my comfortable bed for one more night.

"We need to have a talk." She said. Her voice was still firm but the anger from minutes ago had died down a bit.

"Fine," I said, "start talking."

"Drop the attitude." Christy said, tossing the empty Captain Morgan bottle in the trash can on her way out of the bathroom.

I followed her, gaining some of my balance back the more I walked. She led us back to my bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed, patting the place next to her. I sat down, staring blankly at the walls and waiting for her lecture to start.

"Why do you do this?" Christy asked.

I was surprised she wasn't yelling at me as I tried to think of an answer. "I guess because I was bored. I guess I'm just stuck in my ways."

"Your ways are going to have to stop now."

I nodded, just agreeing with her to make her happy.

"You knew that was the wrong thing to do." Christy added. "And I appreciate you cooperating with me and not fighting but there's still going to be a consequence for your actions."

Usually my foster parents would yell at me and ground me to my room. I was glad she wasn't subjecting to anything like that. Or at least, not yet. I was about to ask what my consequence would be when Harry entered the room, pushing through the already half opened door.

"She could work with me for a few days. I can always use the help and I've just started rebuilding the old barn way back at the edge of the property." Harry said.

I shot him daggers with my eyes. Was he serious? What help would I be rebuilding a barn. I knew nothing about building barns.

"That's a great idea. Thanks Harry." Christy said. Turning towards me she added, "you'll be working with Harry for the next few days. It will be good for you."