Chapter 19.

"Do you want us to be together? Harry asked back.

"Obviously,"

Harry chuckled lightly as we redressed and made our way back down the stairs. I followed him to the couch and sat down as his arm came up to wrap around my shoulders. I snuggled into him, deciding being in his arms was my new favorite place to be.

"Then we should be together," Harry said but there was something off in his deep voice.

"But?" I prompted.

Harry sighed and ran his free hand through his hair. "But it's not going to be easy. Christy and Jon want to adopt you, and I know you want adopted. I know you want a family and you fit in here so well."

"What are you saying?" I asked, my chest tightening as I spoke. "That you don't want us to be together?"

"No, not at all. I love you, Sami, and I want you more than anything. It's just that you have to make a choice and I hate that you have to do that. If Christy and Jon adopt you, we can never be together."

"I want you." I said after a few moments of silence. "It would be hell having to be around you but not being able to have you the way I want."

Harry grazed my cheek with his free hand and guided my face to his for a kiss. I melted into him, savoring the taste of his lips and the scent of his cologne.

"You two are in love!" Maddie yelled from the bottom of the stairs, making Harry and I break our kiss immediately.

How many times were we going to get caught like this? It was getting old. We had to start being more careful about these kind of things. There was no telling how long Maddie was standing there or how much she heard.

"Maddie!" Harry said with irritation clear in his voice. "Listen, please don't say anything to anyone, okay?"

"Do you love each other?" Maddie asked, walking closer to us.

I looked at Harry, waiting for him to answer. I didn't know which way he wanted to go about this.

"I won't tell anyone, I promise." Maddie added when neither of us said anything.

"You swear?" Harry asked.

"Yes, I swear."

"Okay then, yes, we love each other." I finally answered her.

Maddie nodded at that and then turned away from us, heading back up the stairs. My nerves coursed through me, making my hands shake. Harry held me tightly in his strong arms as I thought over the whole situation.

"How are we going to do this?" I asked.

"We can figure something out, yeah?" Harry said with a soft smile and his green eyes fixated on mine.

I nodded and pressed my lips to his. "I hope she keeps her mouth shut."

Harry nodded and pressed his lips to my neck, making a trail of kisses down my sensitive skin. I arched my neck, giving him better access and moaned lowly in approval of his actions. The barely there stubble on his chin tickled my skin as he moved to my collarbones.

"So that's it, huh? It's settled. You're my girlfriend." Harry said, bringing his lips back to my own.

I just climbed onto his lap, not wasting any of my time with him. I wanted to enjoy this happiness while it lasted, enjoy this time where I could finally call Harry mine. I didn't know how long this would last so I had to take advantage of it now.

((Please vote if you liked it. I know this is really short but the next chapter will be longer.))