Chapter 8.

I leaned into Harry and he closed the distance between us as we sat on his bed in the dark. His lips crashed into mine and moved roughly, while his hands and arms held me tightly against him. His mouth tasted like sweet mint as he coaxed my lips apart to dive in with his tongue. I kissed him back just as rough, running my fingernails down his back overtop of his white T-shirt.

"Want me to stop, Sami?" He asked breathily.

"No."

Harry pushed me down slowly until the back was flat against his bed and he hovered over me. I clasped my hands around his torso and pulled him down on me so his body was covering half of mine. His mouth found mine and he kissed me until it was hard to breathe. His left hand cupped my jaw and he trailed his free hand down my body until he got to the waistband of my jeans.

I hadn't remembered putting these jeans on. I actually didn't remember bringing them with me when I left the girls' shelter.

Harry flicked his eyes down to connect with my gaze and then back down to where his teasing hand lay below my navel. I nodded, giving him permission. His hand ever so slowly slid between my legs over my jeans and my breath caught in my throat. His mouth came down on mine again and he moved his lips with the same rhythm as he moved his hand between my thighs.

It was overwhelming. It was delicious. It was. . . My vision went blurry, and then black, and then bright. What the hell?

I sat up in my bed, sighed, and tried to catch my breath. I'd just had a really sexy dream about Harry and I. Disappointment flooded through me at the fact that it wasn't real and I wondered if Harry had ever had a similar dream about us. I shook my head, clearing all the hot jumbled thoughts and got ready for the day ahead of me.

Breakfast was awkward, to say the least, and Harry and I couldn't find the right words to say to each other. I tried to stay in a different room than him or ignore him completely because when our gazes would lock, my mind would flash back to my dream or the kiss back by the barn the night before.

I was more than relieved when Harry said that we didn't have to work on the barn today, and even more relieved when he left the house, telling us he had some things to get done. My eyes watched as he exited the door, enjoying the way his back muscles moved.

"Do you like Harry?" Maddie asked. "I think you like like Harry and he like likes you back."

"Don't be crazy, Maddie." I said with a dry laugh. I found it strange how such a young child could pick up on things like that. We're we being that obvious about what had happened?" Maddie gave me a look before running off to go back to her doll house that sat in the middle of the living room floor.

Kayla and I, who were getting along so much better than when I first arrived, worked together to rearrange my bedroom for a couple hours before heading downstairs to the kitchen. We had decided to make dinner as a surprise for Christy and Jon when they got home from work. Time flew by as we baked chicken and cooked spaghetti and garlic bread for the meal but it didn't stop the thoughts about my dream from lingering in my mind.

Dinner went smoothly and Christy and Jon were thoroughly surprised by it, which gave me a strange, giddy feeling inside. I liked it here, really liked it.

"Who's up for some ice cream?" Jon asked.

Everyone had agreed and just as we were all packed into the S.U.V, Harry pulled into the driveway in his fancy black car. Christy explained to him what was going on and he piled into the vehicle also, right next to me. His thighs rubbed up against my own and I had to suppress my urge to reach out and touch them. He and I didn't say a word to each other the whole way to the ice cram shop.