Chapter 19: Sweet 16

Janie's POV: I've been on and off touring for the past few months. I came home the other day for a short break before I head back out again. I stop touring in November and plan on picking it up in January or February. Today is finally my 16th birthday! I go for my driving permit next week and my license the week after. There was a knock at my door. "Yeah." I said. My dad walked in with a gift bag. "Happy birthday." He said with a smile. He handed me the bag and sat next to me on the bed. "I told you not to get me anything." I said. "I know I know, but I saw this and knew I had to get it for you." He said. I grabbed the card out of the bag first. "Actually, go for the gift first. It leads into what's in the envelope." He said with a mischievous smirk. I rolled my eyes. "Ok then." I said. I pushed the tissue paper to the side and pulled out a sweater. I turned it around and it was a freakin' Star Wars sweater! It had most of the characters on it, and I loved it! I hugged my dad. "Now you can open the envelope." He said. I opened the envelope and took out the card. He got my a "Hoops and YoYo" card, my favorite. I opened it and they started yelling happy birthday. I was laughing. When I noticed what was inside, my jaw dropped. Three tickets to "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" L.A. premiere! "Surprise!" Dad said. I hugged him again. "Thank you so much!" I said. "I knew you would beg me to go anyways so I got them before you did." He said with a chuckle. "I can't wait!" I said as I pulled away. "Oh, and we have to go to a benefit tonight, so I suggest you start getting ready." He said. "Thanks for telling me last minute!" I said as he walked out.

*Later that day*
Janie's POV: We left the house at about 5. I had on a simple flowing blue dress. We got to this banquet building. There were no paparazzi outside, which confused me at first. My parents and I walked inside. It was dark. What's going on here? Suddenly, the place lit up and people jumped out and yelled. "Surprise!" I jumped at the shock. I walked towards the door. I heard laughter. I came back and started nervously laughing. "Surprise!" Dad said. I started whacking his arm. "I told you I didn't want a party!" I said. "Since when have I ever listened to you." He said with a smile. I laughed. I talked to my friends and my family, danced, ate. It was a fantastic night. I got home and was still smiling. I never thought my sweet 16 would be awesome. I owe it to dad. I'm so happy he's better...