CHAPTER FOUR

Stella's Point Of View

alarm clock ringing

I opened my eyes when my alarm clock rang. I turned it off and got out of bed. I approached the window to draw the curtains and then opened it. I headed to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I combed my hair before leaving the room. I was still wearing my pajamas and a white undershirt.

I peeked into the living room to see if Aesha was awake. She's usually the first one up in our. But she wasn't in the living room this time. Maybe she's in the kitchen. I headed towards the kitchen but didn't hear any noise. It's unusual for her to wake up late like this. She comes home in the early hours, but she's never been caught sleeping at this hour. For her, time is gold. She doesn't want to waste a single day because she knows she has a lot to accomplish.

I grabbed some milk from the fridge and cereal. I went back to the living room and turned on the TV. I sat cross-legged on the floor while eating my cereal. I finished my morning agenda, and it was already eleven o'clock. I decided to get up and knock on her door.

knock-knock-knock

"Aesha." I turned the doorknob, but it was locked. "Aesha. It's eleven. Don't you have plans?" I continued knocking. She still didn't open the door for me. So I retrieved the spare key to her room from the drawer of our kitchen. I entered her room and I found Yesha curled up under her blanket, and the electric fan was still off. Seriously? Didn't she feel the heat? I know Aesha is insensitive to temperature, but she's taking it too far. Does she want to die of heatstroke?

I approached her bed and sat down beside her. I pulled the blanket away from her face. She was sleeping soundly, but she looked pale. It seemed like she was also cold because her legs were curled up.

"Aesha," I said softly, holding her hand to comfort her, but then, "Aesha, You're burning up!" I quickly touched her neck and forehead. She was so hot. No wonder. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. It was evident from her eyes that she was unwell.

"Stella," she said weakly, clearly indicating her illness. I adjusted her blanket and kissed her forehead. "G-good morning."

"It's already afternoon. Why didn't you tell me you were sick?" She smiled at my words. This was the thing I disliked the most about Aesha. She never wanted to admit if she was struggling, in pain, or feeling unwell. She was too self-centered when it came to her weaknesses and feelings.

"I thought I was already feeling better—sorry." I raised an eyebrow at her, but she just laughed, although it was obvious from her laughter that she was feeling weak.

"You're not some extraordinary girl who's immune to sickness and weaknesses," I tapped her forehead. "I'll just get a towel and warm water to help lower your fever a bit. I'll also order some soup." She nodded slowly and smiled. I wasn't good at cooking. Aesha was excellent at cooking and household chores.

"T-thank you. I'll make it up to you," I rolled my eyes at her words. Everything I did for her seemed insufficient compared to the help she provided me with at school and in general in my life.

I left her room and headed to the kitchen. I grabbed a basin and filled it with warm water, also grabbing the hanging towel at the back of the kitchen. I returned to her room and found her still with her eyes closed. I placed the basin on her side table and wrung out the towel. I wiped her neck and arms with it before returning the towel to the basin.

"I'll get you a change of clothes, Your back is too wet," I said. She was about to protest, but I gave her a stern look. I helped her sit up and placed her against the headboard, arranging the pillow for her comfort. I took a tank top from her drawer. She didn't change her clothes. She was still wearing what she had on when she arrived in the early hours of the morning. That was the first time I saw her wearing a short dress, she's quite conservative.