CHAPTER SIX

Natasha's Point of View

It's clear that modeling is my top priority, and unfortunately, that's what led to the breakup with Justine. I simply didn't have the time to invest in our relationship anymore. He struggled to cope with seeing me in the spotlight, plastered on billboards and adorned in revealing attire. Despite the love I held for him, he ultimately couldn't accept my career aspirations.

In hindsight, I've come to realize that true love involves supporting each other's dreams and ambitions. It became evident to me that Justine's inability to support my desires was a sign that his love for me wasn't as unconditional as I had hoped. When he presented me with the ultimatum of choosing between him and my modeling career, I made the difficult decision to prioritize my path.

It marked the end of our love story, a bittersweet realization that sometimes love isn't enough to overcome fundamental differences in values and priorities. Though it was a painful decision to make, I knew that staying true to myself and pursuing my dreams was the only way forward, even if it meant walking away from someone I once held dear.

Kuya Wesley also supported my decision, and my decision didn't affect his friendship with Justine. My brother doesn't meddle in my affairs as long as he knows it's for my good. When Kuya learned about my relationship with Justine, he was initially angry, but he eventually accepted it. Kuya didn't like Justine for me because he's such a playboy, but Justine promised to be faithful to me, and he stuck to his word. Unfortunately, it just didn't work out, and we ended up parting ways.

I've accomplished a lot in my life, especially in England. As a model, I was offered acting opportunities, but I declined because I knew it wasn't something I could handle. And now, there's only one thing left that I want to fulfill, and that's to reconcile with Justine. Yes, I still love him, and I'm not sure if he still loves me. However, I'm not ready to bring him back into my life just yet.

"Lady Natasha, the car is waiting," the butler's voice echoed. I rose from my seat in front of the mirror and grabbed the bag lying on my bed. Exiting my room, I headed downstairs, catching sight of Kuya Wesley just as he left in his sports car. The butler held the door open for me, and our driver began to drive.

Today marks my first day at Henderson State University. I put on my headset and glanced out the window. Leaning back against the headrest, I listened to some good music on my iPod, eagerly anticipating what lay ahead.

Aesha's Point of View

I had just finished Stella's thesis. We were in the library, and I had come back from the publishing room to submit the files and documents I had worked on. I still needed to prepare for the upcoming nurse conference. Stella lingered in my thoughts; it was amusing how she bombarded me with questions when she returned last Sunday. She seemed to interrogate me like a seasoned reporter. I felt like Stella might know Alexander, but it could just be my imagination. Stella is wealthy, so it wouldn't be impossible for her to know Alexander.

"Thank you, Aesha," she said, hugging me tightly. "You truly are my savior." She then released me from the embrace and winked before she walked away. "Oh, by the way, I'm just going to SVR. There's a meeting for all varsity players. You go ahead to the room, okay?" I nodded, smiling at her. She gathered her belongings and left the library.

I took a moment to tidy up my scattered notebooks, books, and pens, placing them neatly in my bag. I stood up and straightened out the chair, then retrieved my shoes from the shoe divider. Shoes weren't allowed in the library, so I put them on before standing up. 

As I did, I paused when I saw him in front of me. One of the Badass four.

"Hi, Aesha" he greeted with a smile, one hand casually tucked into his pocket, unbuttoning his polo shirt to reveal his bare chest. He was wearing our uniform, and he looked exceptionally good in it. It was the first time I had seen him dressed like this; usually, he and his companions wore perfectly paired luxury suits.