Chapter 16

Chapter 16:
Tris POV:
I woke up and saw Tobias still laying beside me, with his arm draped around me. I lifted up my arm and took a moment to look at the ring he gave me.
It has a large diamond in the middle and a twist like band with small diamonds inside it. It was stunning. "You like the ring?" I heard someone mumble from beside me. I looked over to see a smiling Tobias. "Yes, yes I do". Just then a small blonde girl ran into the room and jumped onto the bed with us. "Breakfast" Sammy asked us. "Of course sweetie" I responded and got out of bed. I entered the kitchen area and began to make chocolate pancakes for my 2 crazy family members.
I had just finished the last one when I heard Tobias call out "what's that amazing smell" as he walked into the kitchen. "Ooh pancakes" he said. He then grabbed 2, got some whipped cream out of the fridge, put it on the pancakes and shoved them into his mouth like a sandwich. "How can you eat like that and not get fat?" I asked him while laughing. He then pulled up his shirt and said "this doesn't just happen. It takes working out 5 days a week for your information". Sammy then proceeded to squeal and cover her eyes at the "horrible" sight. Then Cass walked into the room. "Cass save me, daddy is being gross" she squealed and buried her face in Cass' legs. Cass then proceeded to pick up Sammy and spin her around. "What do you say we have a nice day together and leave mommy and daddy to do their own things" Cass said, while smirking at me. So I took the opportunity to have a day off. I dressed Sammy in a super cute dress, and she headed out with Cass.

Cass POV:

Yes, I get to spend a day with my fave girl. Sammy is so cute. I love hanging out with her because she always brightens my day. Anyways, we headed out and I decided that I wanted to take her to the kids play area. It was a jungle gym that had little not-too-dangerous obstacles in it which allowed the young dauntless to practice and train.
Immediately after arriving Sammy headed over to the monkey bars and began to climb them, which surprised me due to the fact that Four was afraid of heights and she conquered them easily.
I was just hanging out talking to some of the parents when I spotted Carson heading over to me. "Hey babe," he said before slinging an arm around me and pulling me close. "Hey, what's going on?" I asked him confused.
"The other Dauntless leaders are looking for you, they sent me to get you," he explained. I was unsure why they wanted to meet me, but I couldn't go, I had Sammy with me. "I can't go, I'm watching Sammy," I told him.
"Hey it's fine, I'm heading over to Mason's place right now, I'll take her," he said which worried me.
Not that Carson was bad with kids, but he wasn't the best suited for it you could say. He had a bit of a short temper, and never took shit from anyone, not even kids.
Not seeing any other option I nodded my head yes, and headed over to get Sammy.
Once she was gone with Carson, I headed over to the Leaders room and entered in quietly, as the meeting had already started. I continued half listening, my mind was with Carson and Sammy praying she was okay right now, and not hanging over the chasm right now.
"Cass, were discussing the initiate that was an issue, what do you think we should do," one of the other leaders asked me. I realized they were talking about Alex, and I said, "kick him out, he technically murdered someone, which ultimately results in death... But I'll let him off the hook."
"That's exactly what I was thinking," one of the men commented which caused others to agree. Looks like there won't be any issues with Alex anymore.

Carson POV:

I stared at the child beside me and wondered why I volunteered to watch her. I know it was the right thing to do, but I didn't really like kids. I mean not that I hate them, but they don't usually like me and I don't like them back. The feeling is mutual.
Sammy was walking slightly slower than me, and seemed to be tired out from the playground. "Can you carry me?" She asked me starring up at me with big eyes stretching her arms up to me.
Sighing, I bent down expecting for her to climb onto my back, but instead she crawled up onto my shoulders, her hands resting on my hair. Where could those hands have touched, she could have sneezed all over them, and now they were in my hair. Gross.
I stood up, and we began walking down the narrow corridor to the Pit. Mason's apartment was just a few minutes away.
We walked by a toy store when Sammy said, "Can I get a toy?" In a cute voice. "No," I answered not wanted to waste time. If I had to I could ditch her on Mason, it would make my life easier.
"Please, I promise I won't ask for anything else," she pushed in a begging voice. "No, you probably have enough stuff already."
I heard her sigh sadly on my shoulders and she said, "it's always 'no Sammy' since the accident," in a small voice.
I knew I was going to regret it, but I turned around and headed back to the shop. I lifted her off my shoulders and said, "choose only one thing, okay?" She nodded her head so fast I thought it was going to fall off, and ran off into the store. I looked around at the other toys, and waited for her to come back.
Five minutes passed and I began to get worried, but she came back out carrying a fluffy black dog. She held it up to me, a huge grin filling up her face.

I walked to the cash, and the cashier rang it up

I walked to the cash, and the cashier rang it up. "That will be 15 points." 15 points, she better damn love that dog.
I scanned my card and handed the dog to Sammy who happily began to play with it. I took her hand so I wouldn't loose her, and we walked out of the store.
Within about 2 minutes we walked past a trampoline place, and I saw her starring longingly at it. God I'm going to regret this.

"Do you want to go in?" I asked her and she looked up at me another smile on her face. "Can we really!?" She questioned me. I nodded and pulled her into the building.
"We'll just stay for 10 minutes," I told her and she agreed... We stayed for 3 hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened Maison's apartment door Sammy on my shoulders eating an ice cream and holding a half finished candy bar. Surprisingly we had a good time together and got some snacks.
I wasn't greeted as pleasantly as I had expected. Cass Lauren and Mason all sat on the couch worry and anger on their faces. Cass spoke up first. "Where the hell were you? You said you were heading right here!! You had us worried sick." I let Sammy down and told her to go and play with Sarah, her running off to her friend.
"We got side tracked, I'm sorry," I said rubbing my neck sheepishly. A shocked look filled Cass' face, and she said "you enjoyed it didn't you?" I nodded my head kind of embarrassed, and said "ya I did, honestly I wouldn't mind having my own kids. There not as bad as I thought."
She smiled at me, and hugged me tight. It was a perfect moment until Mason ruined it, "Aww am I going to become an uncle tonight?"
Cass flipped him off, and the two of us left the apartment and headed to ours.

Four POV:

When I picked up Sammy she was covered in sugar and had a new toy with her. "Apparently Carson is a softy for kids," Mason told me, and I rolled my eyes. What a pansycake.
I took Sammy's sticky hand and we walked back to the apartment, a huge grin on her face making one form on mine.

A/N
Hello, I decided that I felt bad leaving the book alone and decided to post a chapter every once in a while because I know I hate it when authors stop writing.
Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter and that you haven't lost hope in the book because it will be updated every once in a while ☺️

~Sarah🌸