Red String - Part One

----------------------------------------------
Marinette's POV
----------------------------------------------

"Girl, have you seen the newest update on the LadyBlog?!" Yelled Alya. She came running to me panting.
"No..?"
"Ugh. But anyway. I found this cool fact about this thing called 'the red string'. It's a legend that originated back in China. It says that it's a string that ties you to your soul mate. Also it says that only you and your soul mate can see it."
"Cool.." I said.
"You don't even seem excited about this."
"Well..its just a myth. It's not like it's real though." Alya just rolled her eyes.

"I have to go pa-I mean to the bakery. See you later." I made sure I got out of Alya's site.
"Soul mates huh? I don't need a string to tell me whose my soulmate. I already know who it is." I sigh dreamily. I looked at my phone to see I was already late to patrol.

"Tikki spots on!"

"Hello my lady." All these nicknames are starting to annoy me.
"I told you to stop calling me that.
"But I didn't agreed." I gave up. It was no use.
From the corner of my eye I saw a red string on Chat's pinky.
No way must this be true. It must be a silly legend.
Chat must've notice my silence so he started talking.
"You okay?" He asked.
"U-uhh...y-yea. J-just peachy." Chat's smirk started turning into a frown.
"Are you sure? We never really keep secrets besides the secret identity thing. I will listen if you want to talk about it."

    It's n-nothing really. U-uhhh I just remembered I have to do something important. Can you patrol without me?" I blurted out. I just need time alone to process this.
"Sure?" He seemed a little bit disappointed by my response, but I needed to be alone.
"Thanks...see you later." Great job Marinette. You've made things awkward between you and Chat. Ugh, poor Chat. Note to self: make it up to Chat.

When I have finally arrived to my room, I released my transformation.
"Spots off"
Tikki flew out of my earrings. "Marinette that wasn't fair for Chat." Tikki said in disproval.
"I'm sorry Tikki....its just I was distracted. Did you see a red string on Chat's pinky?" Tikki shook her head.

I ran towards my computer and typed "The red string." A link popped up so I quickly clicked it. "The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break."

My soulmate is my...partner?!

"What should I do Tikki?"

"Well you can't deny fate. It wouldn't be fair for you or Chat, if you deny it." I knew Tikki was right. It would only hurt him if I try to run. But it doesn't mean I will show him my identity. "What about Adrien?" Tikki sighed. "Doesn't mean you should stop liking him. Follow your heart." She said with a smile.

"Okay."

----------------------------------------------
Adrien's POV
----------------------------------------------

The sound of my alarm clock was the second to the most annoying thing besides Plagg. I felt a someone tugging on my sheets. "Adreinnnn, where's my cheese?!"
"Fine. It's in the bottom of the closet." I felt his presence leave. Sigh, "Another boring day." The memories of last night came flashing back. Why did she leave so soon? I quickly shook my head and started heading to the shower.

I walked in the classroom with the smile I wore everyday to please everyone. I saw Chloe complaining to Sabrina, while I saw Nino with his headphones on. I finally arrived at my seat. I soon noticed a little red string wrapped around my finger. I raised my eyebrows. "Okay class w--".
"SORRY!" Said Marinette as she busted the door.