Chapter 2

Kiers POV

I skulked though the hallways of the school as I tried to find the maths class. I needed to blend in as much as I could or people would beat me up again. A small girl with jet black hair and green eyes, about a year or two younger than me, noticed I was lost.

"Hey are you new here?" she asked in a cheery voice.

I looked at her and she gasped as she saw the bruises and dried blood on the side of my face. Before I could reply she asked in a more serious, worried tone "Was it Drew?"

"The short blonde kid?" I replied. My hoarse voice surprised me. I didn't think I was thrashed that badly. She nodded in reply. So he was called Drew. "Well it was his friend, Aled, I think" I replied.

She asked me what class I needed to go to and showed me where it was. She also explained that Drew was one of the biggest bullies in the school, his friends, Mikey, Jono and Aled were nice people, but Drew had used them to his advantage and soon they turned to his 'gang.' Popular ignorant bullies that picked on anyone that was different or didn't fit in.

As we approached the classroom, I thanked the girl, Amy, and opened the heavy wooden door, running my fingers through my fringe so it covered my bruises on my face.

I sat a the back of the classroom on the end of the last row. I sighed as I saw who was in front of me. Drew turned around and shot me a cold icy glare. He seemed slightly amused to see the bruises and cuts on my face had done significant damage and looked as painful as they were.

However, when Drew turned back to face the short, bald, middle aged maths teacher, to my surprise, Mikey, the brown haired one turned around and gave me a warm, sympathetic look before facing the front again quickly so Drew wouldn't notice.

The rest of the school day passed slowly. I didn't talk to anyone else and when the final bell rang, I packed up my things and quickly made my way out of the school, stopping at the toilets to clean the bloody mess on my face so my mum didn't notice.

The bruise had turned black and purple by now so I covered it with my fringe again as I left the school. I peered outside one of the windows in the corridor to make sure Drew and his gang weren't there. I ran out. I'd nearly made it past the gates and before I knew what had happened, I felt a pair of strong arms grip my shoulders, turn me around and push me up against the brick walls surrounding the school. I gulped, a lump forming in the back of my throat, I feared it was Drew, I waited to be beaten up. I recollected myself and looked up at the man.

"Jono?-" I was cut off.

"Shush!" he spoke in a hurried whisper, looking around cautiously every now and then. "Listen, there's a door leading to the main corridor near the small physics lab. If you through there before 8:15am then Drew won't see you come in."

My eyes were wide. "Are you t-trying to help me?" I stuttered. I couldn't believe it. I guessed Amy was right about them after all.

Before he could reply, he pushed me onto the street. "If you tell anyone, you're dead" he added. I nodded quickly and nervously. He ran back to the school gates as I went along the street and walked home.

The sun had just set and darkness fell over the town. I guess time flies when you're running from your enemies. I turned into the alley, it was a shortcut to my house, and taking any main roads would only increase my chances of bumping into Drew. I continued through the alley. On the night that would forever change my life.

A/N: so another update today!

I should warn you though, this is not going where you may think it is...

(Jono, Mikey, Aled and Amy are from Blitz Kids, Mallory Knox, KIGH and Evanescence) as for Gerard who hasn't made an appearance yet...

The next update is going to be turned up to level BAT CRAP CRAZY

Watch this space

xx