Chapter 13

Laurences POV

I walked to school with Kier, Drew and Barrone on a Monday morning. It felt like ages since Barrone and I had transferred here and it finally felt like we were all happy. Drew was back together with Shane and Kier was mine again.

I guess I had spoken too soon as I saw Kiers attention drifting from the conversation me and Barrone were having and to a boy with black and red hair and snakebite piercings. He looked new and he would probably be in the same classes as us however I was more curious of why Kier wouldn't take his eyes off him. Kier noticed we were all looking at him in confusion as he quickly looked to his feet as he blushed.

I looked to Drew and Shane and they shrugged as a response. What was that all about? I decided to ignore what had just happened and continue with my day. I noticed Kier seemed more distant ever since he'd noticed that new guy.

Kiers POV

"Hey, Kier?" Laurence asked me later in the afternoon when we were studying in the library.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" he looked at me in the eyes.

"Uh yeah, sure," I said casually, packing up my books and standing up to leave. "See you soon," I said, avoiding eye contact but flashing a quick smile in his direction.

Unfortunately, I was not okay. The boy I was looking at earlier today was actually from my old school. He hasn't noticed my presence yet but I knew he was trying to find me. I quickly hid in the toilets as I thought about what I was going to do next.

I suddenly heard someone else walk into the toilets. I heard their footsteps getting louder until I was sure they had just approached my cubicle. "Hello Kier," came a smooth voice; one that I recognised all too well. "Care to come out of hiding?"

I stayed silent even though I could see the tips of his toes peeking though the door as I tried to control my shaky breathing.

"You know it's not nice to ignore people, Kemp."

I sighed, knowing I'd have to give in eventually, and opened the door. I was faced with a smug looking Luke. I opened my mouth to protest when his lips touched mine. He pushed me up against the wall in the cubicle and grabbed my hair as I tried to wriggle from his strong grasp. I didn't want to have to explain this to anyone and I didn't want anyone to know who Luke was.

Laurences POV

I left the library and made my way to the toilets. Kier's odd behaviour was still on my mind but I would ask him about it later. I opened the door to the bathroom, I was feeling sick and the uneasy feeling in my stomach got worse every day. Was it something to do with me being a vampire now? When I walked in, I approached the sinks and looked in the mirror. I looked sickeningly pale.

However, what shocked me most was what I could see behind me. The new boys lips were locked on Kiers who was aslo being pushed up against the wall. I turned around, my jaw hanging open, I couldn't believe my eyes. I saw Kier look at me before pushing the other boy away and looking at me sympathetically.

"Laur-"

I couldn't hear him anymore, I'd blocked out the noise when my fist had collided with the new boys jaw.

Kiers POV

I yelled out at Laurence as I watched Luke fall to the ground. I turned to look at Laurence and gave him a hurtful glare. Before I could explain or say anything else Laurence stormed off. I left Luke on the floor, he dragged himself into this mess, and ran after Laurence.

He wasn't being himself when he hit Luke, I could tell. He wouldn't just hit someone like that, even he was kissing me. When I was outside the school I noticed him sitting on one of the benches and I ran up and embraced him. He wrapped his arms around me and held me for a while before I sat next to him and began to explain to a teary eyed Laurence.

"Laur, I know you probably don't want to hear this but I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Luke sooner. He was from my old school and... We... We were... I'm not sure what we were," I said looking down at my lap where I held Laurences hands in mine,  hoping he would get the gist. "Whatever it was, I thought it was best that we ended it soon, and he definitely took it harder than I did. A few months after that, he had a close encounter with a car and no one thought he had long left. I never thought I'd see him again."

A/N: more late updates D:

I think I'll be finishing this up soon as I've had another idea for a new one :)

xx

(on a temporary hiatus) :(