Chapter 4

Kiers POV

I froze. My jaw gaping at him. Before I could react his arm was pushing my neck up against the wall, he lifted his knee up and I took a strong blow to the gut. I flinched, my face writhing in pain.

My hands tried to push Drew away from me, my nails digging into his shoulders and his neck. I was almost certain I was going to go down, but I wasn't going without a fight.

My sharp nails continued clawing at him as I took another hit to my stomach. I groaned before quickly swerving to the side so Drew no longer had me pinned on the wall. I stumbled, clenching my gut in pain as I fell backwards to the floor.

"Get up," he spat. I saw blood dripping down his neck. The smell was intoxicating. My head span as I lost control of my actions and disappeared into a haze of confusion.

Drews POV

"Get up," I ordered. I took little notice of the blood on my neck, he had claws.

I watched as he slowly got up. He looked confused. To my surprise, he walked towards me. I didn't know what was happening or how to react when he grabbed my shoulders firmly and leaned in. I felt a sharp, piercing pain on my neck as my body felt limp and I fell to the floor, Kier shortly following.

Did he... Did he have his teeth in my neck?

Did he bite me?

What's going on...?

I thought to myself as I drifted from consciousness.

***

I was being shaken awake. I opened my eyes and saw Kier, shaking me hurriedly with his hands on my shoulders. He noticed I was awake and let go of me and shuffled away swiftly.

I noticed I was still laying on the ground near the school. Kier, who sat a few feet away from me, whimpered, "I-I'm so sorry. I couldn't s-stop myself from doing it. I'm sorry. Please d-don't hurt me," I heard his sobs getting more and more violent as he broke down in tears.

I wanted to get up and ask him so many things but my stiff and heavy body wouldn't let me. "What... What did you do to me?"

I asked, my voice quivering slightly. He explained how he had bitten me when he saw the blood from my neck. He said he couldn't remember what happened and he couldn't stop himself after he drank from me.

I don't know what to do. I'm confused and I'm scared, but I'm too scared to be angry.

"Why didn't you leave?" I needed answers and I was going to get them.

"I-I couldn't just leave you here?" he questioned quietly. Why was he being nice to me? What did I ever do apart from beat him up?

"Okay," I said, still unsure, "help me up." Kier approached me again, gently holding my wrists and pulling my tired body up slowly. I then leaned to the side to support myself.

"Should I help you home?" he asked, I looked at him. His eyes were filled with fear but he was still helping me.

Kiers POV

After I'd helped him up, we walked to his house, it was a 5 minute walk from school. I asked him a few questions so I knew a bit about him.

He had no sisters and his brother was at university. His mum drank herself to death 3 years ago and his abusive dad left him on his own because he was 'ashamed' of him. I would have asked why but he didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it.

"So you live on your own?" Drew nodded. I never would have thought a guy like Drew would be able to live on his own. He seemed like the 'spoilt rich kid' type. I guess I'd underestimated him.

When we'd reached his front door, he turned around to me and smiled at me, his face was pale and his eyes were droopy. It was all my fault. "I'm sorry," I whispered. Tears started to form in the corner of my eyes.

Drew stepped towards me and wrapped his arms around me. He was surprisinglely cuddly for someone who beats people up all day. After he pulled away he smiled again "It's okay," he said, "thanks for walking me home."

After he went inside and closed the door, I walked home slowly, my worn shoes scraping against the hard ground. It was getting cold outside as the sun was setting.

I couldn't stop thinking about Drew for the entire journey home.

A/N: Laurence and Shane will be in the next one... probably.

I know I'm updating daily now but I will probably be updating every 3-5 days from now on (sorry)

anyways please comment or share or whatever and thanks for reading so far

xx