Chapter 10

Kiers POV

Laurence had decided to go and see Shane, hopefully he would be a bit more understanding and get back together with Drew. As for Drew, he was still sulking in his room. I quite like the idea of getting Drew and Shane back together, it was my fault they'd broken up, so I should at least try to get them to talk it out properly.

Most things were my fault. Drew and Laurence turning into vampires was my fault. Shane breaking up with Drew was also my fault. If it weren't for me, all of my friends would be so much happier.

I decided to forget about these slightly depressing problems as I went downstairs to talk to Drew. When I had silently stepped to his bedroom door, I knocked, "Hey, can I come in?"

I opened his door carefully as I heard sniffing. I looked to see Drew curled up on his bed, sobbing heavily into his arms. I approached him quickly and wrapped my arms around him in a friendly embrace. "I-I love him s-so much, Kier," he sobbed, "he doesn't want to see me o-or talk to me a-and it hurts, it hurts in my heart," he wept into my shoulder.

"Shh Drew, calm down," I soothed, "he'll come around soon," I pried Drew off my shoulder and looked at him. Smudged eyeliner streaked his pale face. I gave him a pitiful frown, "but he won't take you back like this!" I said with a smile, "come on," I said as I stood up and pulled him out of the bed, "get ready."

He made his way to the bathroom unenthusiastically as I walked out of his room, sat on one of the kitchen chairs and called Laurence.

Laurences POV

I had walked for about ten minutes until I reached Shanes house, I remembered visiting Shane when I was in primary school. We would play together for hours, he had always been my best friend. I looked up at the old mossy building and knocked on the wooden door. I was greeted by an overly excited stout figure that I knew to be Shanes mum.

"Laurence! Shane will be so glad you've dropped by! He's been feeling a bit down lately," she said quickly. "He's upstairs, dear," she said as I muttered a 'thank you' and went up to Shanes room.

I walked carefully as I made my way to Shanes bedroom door, I turned my head and looked into his room. He was laying on his front across the bed in his home clothes. There were pencils lying around his notepad that he was drawing on determinedly, oblivious to me. His familiar blue walls had been covered up in Marvel and Iron Maiden posters and sketches so it was no longer visible. I focused on him again, as he scribbled on the paper, I looked closer and saw it was a person he was drawing. A boy?

I saw his head flash up as he looked at me. "Laurence?!" he squealed, "wh-what are you doing here?" He tried to cover up his papers and pencils by crossing his arms in front of him.

"Your mum let me in," I replied, "what are you drawing?" I asked. What did he have to cover up? He was a brilliant artist.

"N-nothing," he said nervously, "are you okay? I was worried," he spoke quickly, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah I'm fine. So is Kier. But Drew isn't so good," I said trying to get to the point.

"Hm? Okay," he said, looking at his arms crossed over him. I could tell he was pretending not to care about him. "Shane? What happened?" I asked in a quieter tone.

"He told me- he was... I can't do this anymore," he exhaled nervously and unfolded his arms to reveal a detailed sketch of Drew. His features were captured perfectly in paper, it looked like a photo.

"Wow," I gasped in awe, this had to be one of the best drawings he had ever done. "You should talk to him," I said. It was obvious he still had feelings for Drew.

"He'll hate me," he replied bitterly.

"No he won't, we should go and see him now," I suggested.

"But look at me," he made a fair point. He wore crumpled clothes, his hair was pointing all over the place and his eyes were crimson from tears, they made his tired face look ghastly.

"Get ready then!" I encouraged with a friendly smile as he got off his bed and went to get ready.

*20 mins later*

Me and (a much better dressed) Shane approached the front door of Drews house as I opened it to find Kier standing in the hallway, he glanced at Barrone and hung his head slightly. "I'm sorry for what I did, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay," Barrone replied to Kier, giving him a thoughtful smile, "I guess I overreacted a bit. Where's Drew?" Kier pointed to Drews bedroom door before clambering upstairs nervously. I followed and saw Shane walk over to the bedroom door from the corner of my eyes. I'm sure he would have this under control.

A/N: chapter 10 already :) next update will hopefully be a bit longer

xx