Chapter 12

Barrones POV

"DREW!" I yelled.

I felt his soft cold lips against my neck as I tried to wriggle out of his iron-like grasp. I could feel his fingers pressing against my chest, pushing me down. He paused to say something. "Please," he whimpered in my ear, "I'm sorry, Shane."

He brought one of his hands up and ran the back of his finger across my cheek. I felt his other hand rest on my chest, where my heart was. He tilted his head so it rested on my chest. "I-I want to," he whispered, "but you're too beautiful a-and I don't want to hurt you..." he left a small trail of kisses on my chest and closed his eyes as he fell asleep, my breathing still heavy as I felt my heart thudding in my chest, tense from what he just tried to do.

Who ever said this was going to be easy?

Drews POV

I closed my eyes and steadied my breathing, pretending to be asleep on his chest. After a while I slowly sat up and checked my watch. It was 6pm already.

I got up and walked out, kissing Shanes forehead lightly. I went upstairs and found Kier had left, taking Laurence and his belongings with him. I tiptoed to the kitchen and got myself glass of water.

I shivered. I was so hungry. How was I going to cope like this? I called Kier on my phone as I made my way to the living room, sitting near the windows and looking out at the golden haze left by the evening sun. Voicemail; just what I needed.

A part of me knew what I wanted and needed to do. I wish I didn't have to do this, but it would be better this way. I'm so selfish, I thought to myself before entering opening the bottle of wine I kept near the sofa. If I was going to go though with this then I wanted to remember as little as I could.

*1 hour later*

I felt satisfied as I licked my lips, looking at the red line of wine, sitting just below the halfway point of the bottle. I tucked the bottle back near the sofa. I stood up, my was vision hazed, like I wanted it to be. I stood carefully and walked back to my room as I noticed the sun was no longer visible. I took an anxious breath and opened my door, making sure I wasn't making a sound.

I saw Shane looking so peaceful, his chest rose and fell rhythmically. I hopped onto my bed and carefully leaned over him.

My teeth were unbelievably close to his neck when I saw his eyes shoot open. I saw him and he saw me, but before he could do anything I hurriedly pierced his skin with my bloodthirsty teeth. I felt him jerk beneath me as I proceeded to drink from him. "DREW!" his voice breaking as he yelled in pain.

I continued; my conscience had abandoned me and his blood was my main concern. I had never drank tasted blood like this in my life and it tasted like eating a bowl of ice cream after starving in the desert for weeks. After I had satisfied my messed up vampire appetite, I let go of him and collapsed on the space near him on the bed and fell into a deep sleep, unaware of my unconscious lover next to me.

Barrones POV

I awoke in Drews bed, next to Drew who was asleep next to me, covered in sweat and smelling of alcohol. I tried to remember what happened last night and it just hit me. I was a vampire. I wasn't even breathing!

I worriedly awoke Drew who woozily lifted his head from the pillow, clutching it and squinting. "Oh my god," he said, cupping his hand over his mouth, realising what he had done the previous night, and wrapping me in his arms. "Please don't leave me. Please. I'm in love with you," he pleaded in my arms. "I'm sorry-"

I kissed him. I didn't want to hear this again; I already knew I was in love with him; and I wasn't going to leave him again. I held his small body up as I began to nibble at his cheek. He moaned quietly as he began to kiss the bitemarks he had made on my neck the previous night. He pushed me back onto the bed as I began to remove his shirt and slide my hands around his waist and back.

"You're so beautiful," I whispered into his ear as he smiled and ran his hand though my hair, pulling me closer to him and kissing me harder.

"I have a feeling today's going to be a good day."

A/N: oops haven't uploaded in ages BUT ALL HALLOWS EVIL :)

see you soon(er)

xx