Chapter 7

Drews POV

I was sitting on the sofa, cuddling up to Shane, he had his arm around my waist, our bodies were close to each other. The television was shining a dim light in front of us, the room was fairly dark.

He looked at me and gave me a gentle smile before leaning towards me and kissing me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled him closer to me, the kiss deepened. His smooth hands ran up my body and pulled my hair softly.

I feared what would happen if Kier came downstairs and saw us like this. For years I had made fun of and beaten up kids who looked different or were homosexuals, and here I was now, black skinny jeans, a Green Day t shirt, pale makeup and heavy eyeliner, kissing the boy I loved from the bottom of my heart.

He moaned and arched his back slightly before I grabbed his soft sandy hair and pushed his body back and straddled my legs over him. He pulled my body closer to his just as we were interrupted by a short loud scream from upstairs.

We sprung apart.

"Laurence?" Barrone called up. There was no reply. I got up quickly and ran upstairs as fast as I could, Shane followed, and into the room where Laurence was.

What I saw horrified me. "S-Shane?" I quivered, "you c-can stay downstairs... I-" It was too late. I knew Shane was behind me. I heard him gasp. Laurence was lying on his back his shirt undone, revealing his chest. Kier was on top of Laurence, his teeth were deep in his neck. I ran into the room and tried to pull Kier off Laurence.

"Kier!" I yelled in frustration. He wouldn't let go of Laurence, it's a good thing I'm stronger than him. After he finally let go I pushed him to the floor, he sat up and wiped the blood dripping from the side of his mouth away with his wrist. I saw the cold empty look in his eyes. He said nothing, he looked at Laurence, lifeless on the bed, and then down at his wrists on his lap before collapsing on the floor.

The room was dark so I switched on the light, making the disaster scene more visible. Shane stood by the door, gawping, speechless. Kiers body was a heap on the floor, dried blood down his wrists and arms. As for Laurence, he laid limp on the bed, blood seeping from the fresh red marks on his neck. I approached him quickly and hastily wiped the blood from his neck with the collar of his shirt and wrapped the shirt around his bare chest. I pressed my fingers on the marks to stop the blood flowing as I tried desperately to find a pulse. I knew I wouldn't find one. It was too late. He'd already been turned. I sighed.

"D-Drew," I heard Shane whimper from the doorway. I ran over to him and wrapped him into a tight embrace. "Is h-he okay?" he stuttered nervously.

"Erm yeah he's going to be fine," how was I supposed to explain to him that he was a vampire now? That he was actually dead? "Actually..." I began, pulling away from our hug, "He's going to wake up like me and Kier...like vampires," I finished quietly.

Barrone flinched as if someone had taken all the air out of his lungs. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, I didn't know how you'd take it... He's okay though, it's okay," I reassured. Shane was unusually silent, "Shane? Shane please say something," I urged.

He gulped then shook his head and took a few steps backwards as he said, "It's n-not okay. Y-You're all monsters!" he yelled and ran down the stairs.

"Shane! Shane, I'm sorry! Come back!" I felt my heart shatter as I fell to the floor, my back leaning against the wall. "Shane..." I whimpered to myself as tears ran down my cheeks.

After a while of heavy sobbing I heard a confused grunt coming from Kier. I looked up at him, his eyes opened, makeup smudged around his face, his hair was all over the place and his arms were tainted red. I looked around, what a mess? How quickly had everything fallen downhill?

Kiers POV

"Oh my god," I whispered as I regained conciseness and looked at my wrists, they were covered in blood. Laurences blood. I stood up and quickly went over to his pale body and kneeled down beside the bed.

My hands pressed against his heart, trying to find his heartbeat. I gave up. I sobbed uncontrollably into his shirt. My fingers lightly traced over the marks I had made on his skin. I continued sobbing, "I'm so sorry, Laurence," I wept, "you don't deserve this... I love you..." I breathed into his skin.

I felt Drew tugging at my shoulder, when I turned around I saw his eyes were red and puffy, his makeup smudged like mine. "C'mon," he said quietly, "let's go downstairs." I looked at Laurence one more time, all the colour had drained from his once vibrant pink face, there were black rings around his eyes. My fingers traced his jawline, the one I had kissed just half an hour ago. He said he loved me. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't anymore, what I had done could definitely not be forgiven.

Drews POV

Kier followed me downstairs in silence. When we were in the hallway I spoke, "You go and wash the blood off and then join me in the living room, 'kay?"

He smiled briefly before saying, "I'm sorry," quietly.

"I know," I replied with a smile. "But it's not me you should be saying that to."

I went into the kitchen, remembering they way Shane had comforted me when Laurence hit his head earlier today. I shook my head. I needed to forget about Shane. I kneeled down and opened the bottom cupboard picking out a bottle of red wine. I poured a glass and downed it quickly, I felt it sting the back of my throat as I went into the living room. I remember alcohol making me forget about the people I hurt or injured at school, so it would help me forget about Shane right?

A/N: so here's another update! I'll probably be updating every 3-5 days again bc school hates me ;)

just remember to tell me what you think!

xx