Chapter 5

Kiers POV 

When I arrived at school the next day, I saw Drew waiting for me by the gates. He looked different, he wore black skinny jeans, converse and a weezer top. His hair fell over his forehead and his eyes, instead of being brushed back like how it usually is.

"Are you wearing eyeliner?" I asked, noticing his black rimmed eyes.

He nodded, "this is how I always wanted to look. I never did because I was afraid I wouldn't fit in."

I couldn't get used to how he was so nice to me now. He looked at me again before asking, "can you... Can you eat, Kier?"

I shook my head. Remembering what I did to him. Before I could say anything, two boys, about the same age as us, walked up to us. One of the boys had choppy light brown hair covering his eyes and steampunk goggles on his head. 

However the boy that caught my eyes was the tall black haired one. He had beautiful warm brown eyes and wore black skinny jeans and a black jacket.

Drews POV 

I could see Kier, beside me, looking at the taller of the two, however my eyes were locked on the brown haired boy. He was beautiful, the way his goggles sat on his hair and his messy fringe covered his eyes, and his red lips curved into an adorable smile which melted my heart. What I'd have to feel them against mine...

"Do you know where the art room is?" he asked shyly, "we're new here." I nodded and lead them to the art rooms, Kier following, talking to the taller one. I listened to the brown haired boy speak, he told me that his name was Shane, but he would prefer it if we called him Barrone, and his friend was Laurence.

When we'd reached the classroom, he thanked me and smiled again, without noticing, I realised I had blushed. I saw Laurence look at Kier carefully, it couldn't be more obvious that those two already had a thing for each other.

When they went inside the classroom, me and Kier walked towards our next class. "I thought they were quite nice," Kier spoke, smiling.

"You thought Laurence was quite nice," I said, smirking slightly, "you couldn't keep your eyes off him."

***

Kiers POV 

When school had finally finished, I made my way to the benches outside where Drew said he'd meet me after school. Surely enough, he was with Barrone, they were talking, looking deep into each others eyes, oblivious to the world. "So me and Drew are going to the park, wanna come?" Shane asked me.

I shook my head, "Nah, I'm going home." Unfortunately for me, Laurence was nowhere in sight. I was slightly disappointed, I wanted to get to know him a bit more.

***

When I got home, I had a shower and did my homework for a while, after that I just watched television, I couldn't stop thinking about Laurence ever since I'd met him. Was I in love? Was I gay? I had never really cared about girls or boys or even love, but now I had met Laurence, I felt like there was a part of me that was empty, and only Laurence could fill that gap in my heart.

A more painful urge in me was thirsty. For blood. My body ached as I laid myself on the sofa, bringing my knees up to my chest. My eyes were becoming droopy and a whirl of recent memories made me drift into an uneasy sleep.

*A few days later*

When I arrived at school one morning, I was greeted by Drew, Shane and Laurence. I smiled, I never would have thought I could have friends as great at them, a few weeks ago. I had become good friends with Laurence, and tried to hide my true feelings from him. I was in love with him. I wanted to tell him, I wanted to scream it from the top of my lungs and the bottom of my heart, but I couldn't. 

He was obviously not attracted to guys, he looked like the kind of guy who had many girlfriends, and I didn't want to ruin our new friendship.

The classes passed slowly, my mind was still cloudy with thoughts about Laurence and my muscles ached as I hadn't fed in nearly a week. I could barely stand the pain. Sometimes I had to miss hanging out with Laurence, Shane and Drew or leave school early because I could stand up without my body scrunching up in agony. I would go home and lay curled up on my bed until I fell asleep.

When school ended I saw Drew and Shane standing near the gates again "Hey, Kier, do you want to go to the park with us?" I heard Barrone ask. I shook my head and began to walk away from them and towards my home when I felt a hand grab my arm as I turned to face who it was, I was surprised.

"Kier, are you alright? You've been acting a little strange lately." Laurence spoke, his smooth voice running out of his beautiful red lips. His hair was flying out in all directions, I thought it looked adorable. Why did he care? Did I matter to him? I realised that his hand was still on my arm and I shook it off before looking at his wonderful eyes. "I'm fine, just a bit tired," I spoke, in a rehearsed voice. Without looking at him, I walked away from Laurence and made my way home again, my mind still swarming.

A/N: so I updated! This bit was boring but the next update will be more interesting ^-^ 

xx