I Love You

I patiently waited for the week to go by. I had a bit of the sniffles, but it was nothing to sneeze about.

It was Friday. It was near the evening I usually meet Krysta and Nick. I went to the spot seeing Kyrsta with her back to me.

Jackpot.

I walked up to her from behind. I could see her shivering near the swings. She looked so cute with her small frame leaning against the swingset. I had to have her.

Once I was near her, I greeted, "Hi, Krysta."

She seemed to have jumped out of her skin. She turned to me extremily alarmed. She tried to take a step back, but the pole to the swingset stopped her.

I leaned forward and asked, "How are you doing?"

Krysta flinched and looked down. She mumbled something I couldn't understand. Her hair covered her eyes.

I wanted to see her beautiful brown eyes. I moved the strands of her thick her to the side. My hand brushed her cheek.

I wanted her to know how I felt. I called, "Krysta."

She wouldn't look at me.

I wanted her to look at me. I wanted to see her face as I tell her my feelings. "Krysta. Look at me."

She wouldn't budge.

I groaned in frustration. I sighed, "I know what I did scared you and stuff. I'm sorry, okay?" I put my hand to her chin. "Just look at me please. You're so beautiful. Look at me!"

Krysta started to make a pained sound in her throat. She moved her head to the side.

I was up against her at this point. I wanted her to look at me. I wanted her to notice me! I leaned to her ear and grabbed on to her arm. She couldn't ignore this. I whispered, "I love you."

I felt her tense up. I took a step back to look at her.

She looked fragile. She looked afraid but confused.

"Kai."

I turned around seeing Nick.

He looked pissed. He ran up towards me with his fists clenched.

I put my arms up to my face to block him, but I felt no impact. I only felt air blow pass me. I put my arms down and saw Nick holding Krysta in his arms.

Nick was holding her head to his chest as if to shield her from the world. He had a soft look on his face when he was looking at her. But when he looked at me... pure hatred spread over his face.

I didn't know what to do.

Nick scowled, "Go away."

I looked away from him to Krysta. I wanted to hold her like he was. I wanted her to accept me too.

He let go of her and got in between her and me. He scowled, "You will not touch her again. Go away!"

I smiled at him. 'I will get her to love me.'

Nick scowled, "Go before I call the cops."

I put my hands up to him. I said, "Fine." I turned and said before walking away, "You know, Krysta. I will be the only one to love you like I do. I never will hurt you."

"But," Nick yelled. "You did! And that isn't love!"

I asked, "Then what do you suppose it is?"

Nick scoffed stumbling over his words, "Well, um, it's not anything you're doing!"

I turned back towards him with my hands on my hips. I still had my smile as I glared into his eyes. "All you want to do is protect. Don't claim that you 'love' her. I'm the only one who does."

Nick screamed, "You know I do l-like her as much as you think you do!"

I chuckled, "You can't even say love. You shouldn't even be her boyfriend. I'm the only one that loves her. It's not like her parents os around often, and the girls at school are jerks to her! She needs someone who is filled with love. Me."

Shddenly, I heard a cry from behind Nick. It was Krysta.

Nick grabbed her hand and glared at me. He scowled, "If you get near her one more time, I will kill you." He started walking away with her.

Before they could get out of hearing range, I shouted, "Krysta, I lovs you!"