a new beginning

harry

Rowan lays beside me her naked body pressed tightly against mine, only in her sleep does she look completely and utterly peaceful. I have to sometimes force her to sleep. She is always off somewhere killing rogues or working at the castle. She doesn't like sleeping because she is so paranoid that something will happen to me. If she notices I am no longer touching her she pops up so quick wielding a knife and ready to attack.

"Stop watching me sleep asshole." I laugh as she mumbles annoyed.

"How can I not? You're such a beautiful piece of art." I respond cockily and kiss her cheek.

"You're an idiot." She scoffs. "C'mon get dressed, we are going somewhere."

***

"This is the rowan tree where he found me." She says stopping under a huge tree. "My home." She whispers climbing onto a branch and looks down at me with an unreadable expression. Why did she bring me here?

"I want you to read my mind Harry." She says monotonous and I fear something is wrong.

"Why?" I step forward to climb up beside her but she growls stopping me. This woman confuses the hell out of me.

"Just fucking do it." She says sternly and I sigh but open the mind link only we share. Never before have the doors to her darkest memories been opened. Right now she is hiding nothing. I look up at her in awe, after two years she is finally letting me completely in. She rolls her eyes and smiles then, like a movie she shows me.

"Well well well what do we have here, the infamous Temptress."

" I'll always want you Rowan no matter what."

" I don't care about any of that, I just want you, all of you."

" I don't want you to act any differently, I just want you. I spent three damn years searching for my mate and promised myself that once I found her I would accept them no matter what. Even if they are cruel, selfish, dangerous, and cold hearted."

"You finally find the one person that will accept, love and trust you no matter what and you push them away."

"I want you, every single part. I want your sadistic mind. I want your beautifully scarred body. But most importantly I want your dark and empty soul. I want every damn twisted piece of you."

"You are such an alluring creature Rowan."

"I'll keep your nightmares away."

"I finally got to protect you."

"Well you thought wrong, there is nothing in the entire damn universe that would make me leave you Rowan."

"Then I guess I am the stupidest man in the world because I am in love with you and nothing will ever change that."

"Why are you showing me memories of me?" I ask confused once she is done.

"I wanted you to know that those words are what brought me back to life. I never imagined or even considered that I would ever be this happy. I love
you so much Harry and I will protect you until I take my last breath. I don't know how I will ever repay you but I swear to you that I will love you for the rest of my life, no one but you." She jumps down from the tree in front of me, she pulls down the hood of her cloak and stares at me uncertain.

"My past will always be a part of me but Harry, you are my future." She reaches up to kiss me sweetly. I am completely awe filled, for the first time she has left me completely speechless.

"Say something please." She says desperately as I watch fear start to consume her.

"I love you so much." I look at her I see my whole universe and when her stormy eyes brighten only for me, I know I am hers too. I pull her into my arms and kiss her like she is the air that I breath.

"Rowan you are my whole universe,
my soul, my heart, my sweet angel.
You are my beautiful temptress."