Chapter 8

I woke up to the first few rays of sunlight creeping through the open window, turning to look at the person next to me. Jason was lying on his stomach, his arm wrapped around my waist. It was funny seeing him like this. His hair rumpled from me running my hands through it last night. I gasped at the tiny claw marks on his shoulders that I guess I must have done last night. But instead of feeling ashamed, I felt complete. It seemed so right laying here with Jason and watching him sleep. I stared at him for a long time before he woke up. His sleepy eyes blinked open and his mouth curved into a smile as when he saw me. I was astonished. His black eyes seemed grey this morning. Not black at all. I leaned over to touch the side of his face not believing what I saw.

"Mhmm what is it?" He said smiling up at me.

"You're eyes...they look so different." I whispered watching them carefully. They almost seemed to sparkle.

He just chuckled and leaned forward to kiss me. "You're crazy." He said before kissing me again, making me forget all about the color of his eyes. Instead all I could think about was this moment and how perfect it was. That is, until my phone started ringing, but it wasn't my phone. It was Trey's phone.  I pulled away quickly, frustrated and read the text message.

Hey babe. Meet me at 4616 5th Street. I'll meet you in the Lobby and we can continue what we started.

-T

            I looked up between Jason and the cell phone over and over. I didn't really know what to do. I knew I had to end whatever it was with Trey but I wasn't sure what the best way to do it was. I remembered how crappy it felt to be rejected over a text message so I began walking around the room and picking up my clothes.

"Blair-" Jason asked disbelieving, his face looking crest fallen.

"I need to tell him that I can't see him anymore Jason." I said carefully, not understanding why he looked so upset about this. Hadn't I made it clear that I was in love with him and no one else?

"I don't think it's a good idea. He might not take it well and I don't want you alone with him. You can tell him tomorrow at school."

"No, that sooner it’s over the better it will be. Trust me Jason, nothing is going to happen." I lied, kissing him once more before stepping into the bathroom. With a guy like Trey, anything could happen. I just did't know exactly how bad it would be.

            I walked into the building about an hour later, amazed at the beauty of the lobby. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling and the marble floor sparkled. My astonished gaze met Trey's smile as he walked up to me.

"Blair, I was worried that you weren't coming." He said, placing his hand at my waist. I took a step back, trying to get out of his grasp but he only tightened his grip.

"I just need to talk to you for a bit Trey. I can't stay long." I said watching as Trey's smile turned into a smirk.

"Alright Blair, let's go upstairs into my office." He said guiding me to the elevators. Once inside he asked "Do, you know what this building is Blair?"

"No, I don't think I've been here before."

"It's my family business. We've been in control of the buisness aspects of this corporation for many years. I inherited it after my father was tragically murdered." He said in a light voice, which seemed to be controlling an emotion I wasn't meant to see.

"I'm sorry to hear that." I muttered, remembering that Jason had killed Trey's father. Chills started running up my spine as I remembered Aiden’s story about Trey. The upper floors were used for Trey’s illegal business and we were currently headed to the top floor. I suddenly didn't feel so safe.