Chapter 10

I took my seat next to Jason and just stared at him in amazement, not believing that he was actually sitting there. I didn't hide the fact that I was staring at him nor did he do the same in return. The class started gossiping quickly, reminding me that I would jeopardize everything if I continued to stare at him like some love sick puppy. I quickly turned my head away and pulled out my iPod and jammed it into my ears, trying to push myself away. This wasn't real. He wasn't here. I was just letting my imagination run away with me again. A few minutes after our class began, I noticed Jason sliding a paper slide onto my desk.

Are you really going to ignore me?

Yes. I replied

Aww Blair, aren't you happy to see me?

Yes, No! You shouldn't be here.

And why is that?

I didn't save your life just so you could come back here and risk it all over again.

It's worth the risk.

What's worth the risk?

Seeing you again.

Jason, we can't. I can't see you.

Tell me that you haven't missed me. Tell me that you didn't think of me every second of every day. Tell me that you don't love me anymore and I'll leave.

             I couldn't respond to that because I had missed him. I did think about him every second of everyday that he was gone, and most importantly, I loved him more than I ever imagined I could possibly love someone. Class finally ended and I nearly bolted out of the class. Yet before I could escape, a hand grabbed my arm, jerking me around right into Jason's chest. I wanted to throw my arms around him and kiss him for hours. I wanted him to hold me and promise to never let go. I wanted him so badly that I nearly broke down in tears right there, but more than anything I just wanted to get out of here before I got him killed. I tried to pull away but Jason just repeated the statement that he had written on the piece of paper.

"Well?" he finally asked. I couldn’t say anything, so I settled for staring into his eyes hoping he'd see my pleas for him to leave. He just smirked, "That's what I thought."

"Jason it doesn't matter what I feel you can't-"

"Don't tell me what does and doesn't matter Blair. I have spent the last three months trying to move on and do what you wanted me to do. You wanted me to leave so that I wouldn't be killed. I get that but I've spent forever risking my life for my job. If I'm going to risk my life for anything it better be for something I truly care about. It's not really a life at all if you're not in it. I love you Blair." I felt the tears well up in my eyes as I tried to come up with something to say, knowing that whatever I said wouldn't make a difference. I had a boyfriend who would kill me before he’d let me go, literally.

"If you loved me, then you wouldn't be here right now." I practically yelled at him in frustration before storming out of the room, searching for my boyfriend. I didn't have to look far, seeing as Trey was waiting for me outside the classroom. I ran into his arms, praying that my tears wouldn’t fall. Trey held me close, rubbing my back.

"Blair," Trey began hesitantly, "You know that I love you right?" He asked looking down at me with eyes that made my heart break even more.

"Of course, Trey." I whispered before reaching my hand around his neck to bring his head closer to mine so that I could kiss him softly. "I love you too." I said loudly enough for the person standing behind me to hear, even though it hurt me to do so. "You know, maybe we should ditch school today after all." I said smiling up at Trey.