Chapter 13

I was sitting outside on a bench reading a book since apparently I wasn't "experienced" enough to overhear their conversation about plans to take down Trey until those plans were more finalized. I slammed the book down in frustration just thinking about how they had left me out of everything since Logan arrived a few days ago.

"Did the book do something to offend you?" A voice asked from beside me. I jumped, startled, to see Logan sitting right next to me.

"No, you did." I replied getting up and walked back inside, setting the book back in the living room. Just as Jason and Aiden had anticipated, Logan had been a continuous thorn in my side. He took every opportunity to make a move on me and it was becoming increasingly more irritating. Although I was annoyed with Jason for not being around because he was too busy finalizing their plans, I did enjoy the fact that those plans also kept Logan busy and away from me.

"Please, tell me what I did so that I may get down on my knees and beg." Logan mocked getting on his knees in front of me. Unfortunately his move cornered me against the book shelf and a couch, leaving me with no place to go.

"Beg, for what?" I asked not amused, crossing my arms.

"Anything you'd like babe." He said standing up, and shortening the gap between us. With a step forward, I brought myself about two inches away from him, putting my hand on his chest, a small smirk pulling at the corner of my lips.

"How about you let me do the begging?" I asked before quickly sliding around him. "That way, I can beg you to leave me alone."

"Aww baby, that's no way to talk to a person who's risking his life to save yours." Logan teased, following me as I looked for Aiden or Jason; anyone who would get me away from this guy.

"You save people every day. It's kind of your job." I snapped as I realized that I had led myself into a dead end hall way. Internally, I cursed the house for being nothing more than a confusing maze.

"True, but usually those people say thank you." He said smiling as he pushed me up against a wall, trapping me yet again.

"Thank you." I said a little too breathlessly as he leaned his body against mine.

"I was hoping for a different kind of thank you." He murmured against my lips, before suddenly backing away from me, and walking away. I placed a hand over my heart, realizing just how fast it was going and not at all quite sure what that meant.

"Blair? What are you doing in the hallway?" Jason asked, walking towards me, clearly having not seen Logan. I'd been standing here for a good ten minutes trying to figure out what to do about Logan. Sure he was an arrogant asshole, but he was risking his life to help us. Yes it was his job, but this was a special situation and he didn’t have to help if he didn’t want to. As much as I was trying to fight it, Logan was starting to grow on me…in an odd sort of way.

"Nothing, I was just looking around. When do I get to be cool enough to hang out with the in-crowd again?" I asked as Jason came over to wrap his arms around me.

"Soon, I promise." He said while kissing my hair softly.

"Wrong answer." I pouted, as I pulled away and started walking back to our room. Jason and I had been bickering like this for the past few days. I kept pushing him for answers and he kept promising to tell me…later. I was beginning to think that he was never planning on telling me about what they were planning.

"Blair, come on, I want to tell you. It's just safer if I don't." He yelled, quickly following me up the stairs.

"Safer?" I questioned, quickly turning around. "Safer for whom, Jason? Because right now I don't feel safe. I feel left out."