0.40

Take me back to the middle of nowhere
Back to the place only you and I share
Remember all the memories?
The fireflies and make-believe
Kicking back in the old school yard
Singing songs on our guitars
This is our reality
Crazy stupid, you and me

We know this is the way it's supposed to be

Jake:

"JJ," I exasperate, "you can calm down about this. I promise Seth won't care if the dinner isn't perfect."

We're currently at World Market and JJ is trying to make tonight's dinner 'perfect'. But I don't think it really has anything to do with Seth. I think she's just excited about our first dinner at our house.

Our house.

I waited a long time for Bella to love me.
Maybe settle down with her, have a house with her, have a family with her but now, I couldn't care less. I couldn't be happier. Sure we had our ups and downs but it's all better.
We're okay.

"Jake. It has to be perfect. It's going to be perfect." She says determinedly, grabbing my large hand in her smaller one and dragging me down the isles.

I laugh at her determinedness. Once she sets her mind to something, that's that.

"It better be a easy dinner to make because you can't cook for shit." I tell her teasingly.

"That's why Emily's making it. I'm just doing everything else." She tells me, focusing on what she's putting in the cart and not really on me.

We finish getting all the little trinkets for the dinner and get in the car.

I drive because JJ is a terrible driver and she terrifies me when she's behind the wheel.

I look over at my little imprint and she has a serious look on her face.

"What're you thinking about Midget?" I ask her, grabbing her thigh and rubbing circles in her skin when my thumb.

"Let's get a dog." She smiles brightly.

"A dog?" I ask in shock, "No. You have me."

"Please Jake!" She says, "That'd be so awesome! I already have a name picked out! Bark Ruffalo! Get it?" She laughs.

I can't help but laugh. She's so fucking cute.

"Or! We could name it Ozzy Pawsborne!" She giggles.

"Why do we need a dog?" I ask her, "I like our family being the two of us."

"But the dog could be like our baby... besides, I'm not popping a human baby out for a long long time." She says, "There's a shelter just a few minutes away in Forks. Please Jake. We can just go look."

I sigh, no one just goes to 'look at a dog' but I can't say no to her. It's basically impossible. Plus, it would be kind of cool to have a dog. We used to have a yellow lab in my family. It's name was Moose. I'm surprised that he actually had a good name considering my sisters named it. Thankfully it wasn't named Fluffy or some shitty girly name like that.
He was a cool dog.