The Life of a Warrior Family

I just like good souls; knowing them, being one, it's kind of all that really matters. -Butterflies Rising

"Can you see her, Heimdall?" Ranae asked as she walked up beside him at his station outside of the Bifrost.

"Yes, I can, but only her, nothing around Kai that would tell me where she is. It's as if she wants me to be able to see her, but not where she is," Heimdall replied in his gravelly voice.

"That sounds like her. What is she doing?" Ranae asked.

"She appears to be interrogating someone," Heimdall answered.

"Do you know who?" she questioned.

"I believe he is the man that goes by Grant Ward. There is something about him that is very unsettling."

"What do you mean?"

"He is a man without a country and appears to have been working for Achilles, but he seems to not fully understand what this means. He pretends to be stronger than he really is, but it is all a cover to hide how truly broken he is," Heimdall replied.

"Hm.. this is very interesting. Why would Achilles send someone to follow her when he already knows where she is at all times?" Ranae pondered.

"I fear that he is planning something in the hopes of taking us by surprise," Heimdall spoke.

"I fear the same. Please, tell me if anything changes," Ranae agreed as she turned to walk back to the palace.

"As you wish, My Lady" Heimdall smiled at Thor's girlfriend.

"I've told you before, Heimdall, call me Ranae. Just because I'm dating Thor doesn't mean anything. I am my own person," Ranae smirked, glancing back at Heimdall.

"Alright, Ranae."

"Anything new?" Acacia asked as Ranae returned.

"She's allowing Heimdall to see her, but not where she is," Ranae replied, stripping out of the gown she wore when walking the streets in disguise.

"That's better than a month and a half ago," Loki spoke, entering the room.

"That is true, but I wish there was something I could do other than stay here," Ranae sighed, walking out in her armor to go train with Thor while he was on Asgard.

"We all do, Ra, but we also have to think about the triplets. We can't just leave to go start an impossible search for Kai on Earth," TJ spoke, leaning up against the wall with Adara in his arms.

"I know; I just wish there was more we could do," Ranae sighed, heading towards the door.

"The best thing we can do for Kailani is to train with the Asgardians and grow stronger. She would be angry if we grew complacent in these months away from Earth," Duke spoke, coming in just as Ranae was about to leave.

"And I will do just that. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a boyfriend's ass to whip on the training fields," Ranae smirked.

"You look very lovely today, Acacia" Duke smiled at Acacia.

"Thank you," she smiled, standing from her desk in sheer, black lace, long-sleeved, backless gown, "I wasn't planning on leaving, so I stayed in what I slept in last night. This is far too revealing to wear around Asgard."

"That's true, but back on Earth, you could wear it to any gala or formal event we went to," Duke replied.

"That is true, but I don't really have the confidence for such things as Ranae and Kailani is," Acacia blushed.