The Pain of a Warrior

I must be a mermaid; I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living. -Anais Nin

Back at the gym, Carry You by Union J starts playing from Kai's phone.

"Looks like Ranae's calling me. I wonder why," Kai said as she picked up the phone, "Hey, Ra, what's up?"

"Kai, you have to get down here right now! Your uncle is here, and Cacia accidentally let it out about you, and he's an Avenger. He's the one that had to fight your dad when he attacked New York!" Ranae almost yelled into her phone at Kai.

"Okay, okay, we're on our way! We'll bring someone that's a part of his team... we kind of had to tell him because he overheard Ric and me," Kai replied.

"What do you mean you told him about you and D.J.'s powers? We were trying to stay below the radar after the war last year!" Ranae exclaimed.

"I know you said we have to be careful, but he is superhuman," Kai replied before getting interrupted.

"A superhuman?" Ra questioned.

"Yes, a superhuman. We'll be there in about 30 minutes," Kai finished and hung up the phone.

I have seen something about him. Kai spoke in Ra's mind so that D.J. wouldn't know what was going on.

"What was that about?" Steve and Ric asked.

"Looks like we're all heading uptown to a café where my uncle is at with Ra and Acacia," Kai stated.

30 minutes later uptown at the little café

"Hey Ra, what's so important you had to stop our workout before we even got to start?" Ric asked

"Well, I want Kai to meet her uncle and the smartest person in the world that you actually are smarter than and knew when you were younger," Ra stated.

"Shi-oot, I... I... I can't see Tony Stark! I don't need it getting out who I am and what I'm capable of!" Kai blurted as she turned to run.

Deddric caught her, looked her in the eyes lovingly, and whispered, "Baby, it's okay. I'm here, Ranae is here, Acacia is here. You're okay, and if they try and hurt you, Ra and I will kill them. I love you, just breath."