The Beginning of Their Family

I hope that one day when I am gone, someone, somewhere, picks my soul up off of those pages and thinks, "I would have loved her." -Nicole Lyons.

Achilles: Well, when you three were born. Meaning you, Ranae, and Acacia, you three were chosen to be the three original vampires. You three were raised to conquer the world, but something happened (turning away), something that changed everything.

Kailani: What happened?

Ranae: Don't encourage him!

Kailani: Shh! (looking at Achilles) Go on.

Achilles: When your parents found out your destinies, they also heard a prophecy, a prophecy that would affect your lives and the world. When I found out that you had been born, I came right away, knowing that one-day, Kailani, when you grew up, you would be mine.

Kailani: Your what?

Achilles: My everything, my friend, my partner, my wife, my lover.

Kailani: What!?

Ranae: You're crazy! Kailani would never agree to that!

Achilles: When we couldn't find Deddric, I had snuck in to take the place of Duke here because I knew that she would give into him, and she did. That night she was crying, and she came to me for comfort; of course, me being a gentleman, I let her cry on my shoulder. Then the crying led to laughing, then the laughing lead to something else (Ranae has a horrified look on her face), and then I found out some exciting news.

Ranae: What exciting news?!

Achilles: That Kailani was pregnant.

Kailani + Ranae: What!?

Kailani: I am not and was not pregnant! You are crazy! Ranae, let's get out of here!

From around the corner came a little boy with blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. He was no older than six years old; he was wearing pajamas and holding a little Teddy bear. He had a mixture of Kailani's eyes and Achilles' curly hair, but Kailani's bright red hair color. You could tell from the face he looked like Kailani, but when he got older, he would have Achilles's build. Really, he was a cute kid, and when he saw Kailani, he smiled, showing two sharp fangs in a mouth full of teeth, practically scaring the shit out of Kailani and me.

 Really, he was a cute kid, and when he saw Kailani, he smiled, showing two sharp fangs in a mouth full of teeth, practically scaring the shit out of Kailani and me

Kailani: What?

Ranae: This is yours?

Achilles: Yes, this is our son. Kailani, this is your son, Draco. Draco, this is your mother.

Draco ran up to Kailani and hugged her at the legs. She bent down and picked him up, holding him in her arms. I could see her eyes get big, and she got a look in them that only a mother after giving birth would give—a glimpse of love, longing, and happiness. I had to stop it right then and there. Sure he was her son, and yes, she wanted him, but I could see what Achilles was trying to do. He was trying to use his own son to convince Kailani to stay. I couldn't let this happen again; he had toyed with her so much through middle and high school.