Her Haunting Past

That's the problem with being the strong one. No one offers you a hand. -M.T.

"Because of your actions three months ago in New York, you and your team are being discharged from the United States Navy. However, because you did save the lives of millions, you are honorably discharged" General Packer spoke to Ranae and her team as they sat in his office.

"Yes, Sir. We fully understand and will pack our belongings and be off the base in an hour," Ranae replied as she stood.

"Ranae, before y'all leave, keep your I.D. badges. I know you will need them where you are going. Don't worry about turning in your uniforms either" Packer smiled down at the woman that he had personally trained while she attended West Point.

"Yes, Sir. Oh, and don't hesitate to call if you ever need our help" Ranae smirked as she reached the door, and the boys followed her.

"You bet I will," Packer smirked back as the door closed behind Ranae, and she and her teamed left.

As Ranae and the boys packed their things in the house they all shared, Ranae's phone began to ring. She tossed the last of her meager belongings into her duffles and picked up the phone.

 She tossed the last of her meager belongings into her duffles and picked up the phone

"Commander Remo speaking," Ra spoke.

"Hello, Ranae, this is SecNav I am aware of your business with SHIELD and The Avengers, and I just wanted to inform you that you and will not lose your clearance. Director Coulson speaks highly of you, as does former Director Fury. I would like to have a word with you once you and your boys have settled into your quarters at Avengers headquarters," SecNav answered.

"Thank you, and I would love to meet sometime so that we can talk," Ranae replied as she tossed her things into the back of the SUV the seven of them shared and then got into the driver's seat.

"So, does Kai know we're coming?" Sebastian asked from the very back.

"Only Tony and Steve know," Sal smirked.

"Doesn't Kai handle all the training for SHIELD and The Avengers?" Chris asked.

"Yep! That's the best part because whenever someone new shows up without her prior knowledge, she gives Steve and Tony so much crap. After all, she likes to be the one to vet their credentials," Ra smirked.

"Y'all are total jackass' to your best friend!" Paul exclaimed.

"We know, and she still loves us," Sal smirked as they neared the training facility just outside New York.

"Question, did you and Kai have a thing at one point and time?" Tom asked Sal suddenly.

"Why would you ask that?" Ranae asked before Sal could.

"Because they have a connection that doesn't develop from a friendship, it develops from a relationship," Tom answered.

"We liked each other but at different times, and it changed the dynamic of our friendship" Sal shrugged.