The Lost Lives

What good are wings without the courage to fly? -Atticus

Two months later

My phone buzzed once again on the bench. I left it on while I was working out, and I knew if I didn't check it, they might not stop. As I picked up my phone, I felt like I was going to explode with anger and relief as an unknown number flashed on the screen.

 As I picked up my phone, I felt like I was going to explode with anger and relief as an unknown number flashed on the screen

"Achilles, it is about damn time you called me," I growled.

"Meet me at Deddric's grave at 9," Achilles' voice replied and then hung up.

"It took him this fucking long to get in contact with me! Three and a half months, I have been away from my kids and my fiance, and he just now decides to get in contact with me? I am going to kill him, that is for sure," I growled as I got up to shower.

I had about an hour to shower and get ready before I had to be there. I took a twenty-minute shower and threw a long, green, hooded cape over my body. I knew that there was no point destroying my actual clothes when I transformed into my werewolf form. I texted Steve that I would be home tonight after eliminating the Achilles problem once and for all. I smiled at his concern, and he asked me to take a backup if I met Achilles tonight. He knew I would never risk putting others in danger by taking backup with me, but I loved that he still asked me to. I was transported to the cemetery just as the clock neared 9 pm.

A flurry of snow swirled around me defensively as I crept through the cemetery that was supposed to hold Deddric's body if he had indeed been buried

A flurry of snow swirled around me defensively as I crept through the cemetery that was supposed to hold Deddric's body if he had indeed been buried. As I reached the memorial for my fallen comrade, I could feel Achilles' dark presence. As I whirled around, I came face to face with Achilles, the demigod that had tried to enchant me before I met Deddric and then Steve.

"Why did you call me here?" I questioned.

"Because you are supposed to be mine, not some Super Humans," Achilles growled.

"I am not like those other girls. I am the daughter of Aphrodite. I control all things having to deal with love and infatuation. I see past your charms and to your soul, which is dark and filled with hate. There is no room in your heart for love, and I will not be your pawn to world destruction. You will have to kill me before I would ever consider working with you!" I responded in a frightening growl as I shifted into a werewolf and jumped at his throat.