Chapter 5

I woke up from the annoying buzzing of the alarms on my phone. After three attempts of trying to shut the alarm and going back to bed I realized that I needed to get up and go to school. I sat up completely in the bed and looked around Zayns room. The light beaming in from the windows made the room look cozy and warm. After a few minutes of sitting there I finally got up and made my way to the bathroom. On the counter was a towel, a toothbrush, a wash cloth and a note from Zayn that read:
"Here are some things I thought that you would need for your morning activities. Have a great day at school Haley. x"
I smiled after reading the note, Zayn is such a sweet guy and I couldn't believe that he was actually into me because not many guys are,they think I'm to shy or to boring but I don't really let it get to me because I wouldn't date anyone in my school anyways.

I stripped off the pajamas Zayn let me borrow and stepped into the warm stream of the shower. It was lovely the shower had speakers for music and lights that changed colors. After washing up I almost had to force myself out of shower. I wrapped a towel around my body and headed back to Zayns room to change into the clothes he set out for me which consisted of faded black jeans and another one of his graphic tees. The pants were almost a perfect fit just a little baggy around the waist area. After getting changed I walked into Zayns kitchen feeling awkward as hell, I felt so out of place being so domestic in Zayns home; a famous artist that I didn't even know to well. I decided against eating and began to retrieve my things and head downstairs.

It was a beautiful day, high 70s and sunny, I walked out the front entrance looking for the car service that Zayn called. After scanning around the block I noticed a few paparazzi scattered around across the street from the front of the building. I didn't want to get involved with the media so I waited inside where the glass was tinted for the cab. Pulling out my phone I realized it was only 8:15am and I had more time than I thought. I looked around the lobby and noticed a coffee shop, I walked over to it and ordered a coffee and a blueberry muffin. By the time I retrieved my food I saw a black car pull up at the front of the building.

School went by quickly and consisted of me trying to get work done while explaining my night with Zayn to my friends, leaving out the spicy details of course. I texted Zayn around 2:45pm to let him know that I was going to get out of school soon.

At exactly 3 o'clock Zayn and his friends were parked outside of my school. I waved goodbye to my friends after promising to tell them everything when I got home.
"Hey Haley, I'm so glad you could make it. You look lovely." He says stepping out of the car to greet me.
"Thank you, and uh thanks for inviting me to brunch." I say blushing. Zayn was only wearing blue jeans and a long sleeve white shirt but that was enough to get my heart beating at the sight of him.
"Oh course. Well we are just going to a cool diner a few minutes from here, uh they make great French toast. I hope you're okay with that because if not we can go somewhere else I-"
"No no it's great I love French toast." I say smiling and cutting him off. It was so cute to see him ramble off like that. I really hoped he wasn't nervous or anything because the only person that should be nervous here is me.

"Okay good I'm glad." He says ushering me into the passenger seat.
"This are my friends Max, Carter and Jodie. Everyone this is Haley." Zayn says pointing at each friend. Max was really tall, he looked to be about 6'2 with mesmerizing grey eyes and dark brown hair. Carter looked like your typical preppy guy, he had blonde hair and blue eyes and was dressed in tan chinos and boat shoes. Lastly Jodie looked like a cool eccentric girl with dark purple hair that reached down to her lower back and big brown eyes, Jodie had a few cool tattoos scattered around her arms and neck.
"Nice to meet you all, you guys can just call me Hale, I mean like, uh it's usually what my friends call me." I say feeling nervous with everyone's attention on me.
"Nice to meet you Hale. Zayn was so worried the whole time, he was all like 'guys you better be down before 2 or I'm leaving.'" Max says mimicking Zayns unique accent almost perfectly and making Zayn glance back and glare at him.
"I mean nah it wasn't all that, I uh, I just didn't want us to be late you know." Zayn stutters unconvincingly while pulling out to the road.