Prom

It was the night of Prom, we decided to meet at Heather's and get ready there. The theme was masks so there wouldn't be awkward people. The prom was going to be held on the end of the pier. Everyone was ready I had my hair curled and I had a gold mask. My dress was red and the front was longer then the back, I picked my gold ballroom dance shoes because there were some good dancers at our school, and they were comfy and had heels.

We arrived at prom and immediately went to get a drink and soak up the atmosphere, after a while boys came over and asked members of the group to dance, Cody was in America so I wanted to have fun but not get into anything stupid, I was talking to Bethy about surfing when two boys approached us, the brown haired one talked to Bethy and the blonde one wearing a hat approached me. He said "Lets cut the crap, would you like to dance?" I was bewildered by this statement but said yes. When the next song played we went to the floor, it was a flamenco/tango song, I could tell by the way he walked that he was a good dancer. He put one hand on my back and the other in my hand, I put one hand in his, and rested the other on his shoulder.. I circled my right foot behind my left, he asked "What was that?" I had a sudden burst of confidence and shrugged "I guess the music just speaks to me." He laughed and said sexily "So I guess we won't have a language barrier." I smiled and we danced like it was a choreographed routine which it wasn't. It felt right to dance like this with a stranger.

When we were off the floor he took me to the end of the pier. He said while looking out at the sea "I haven't been totally honest with you, I actually leave tonight." What? He turned to me and removed his mask...Cody.

AUTHORS NOTE

THE PICTURE OPPOSITE IS TIANA AND CODY <3 xxx