The Storm

Tiana POV

"Bye mum I will miss you!" I hugged her and the hugged my dad. I went back over to my mum and she attempted to whisper but failed and said "There is gonna be a storm tonight," she gave me a worried looked and hugged me again. I went over to my bags, Cody gave me a questioning look obviously hear what my mum said, I just shrugged. He picked up my bags and put them in the bus. I had a massive group hug with my friends then got on the bus. When we got on my and Alli shouted "DIBS TOP BUNK." We then ran to the top bunks, I went on the right and she was on the left. As Cody walked in he dumped his bags on the bed beneath mine. I sat by the window will listening to music, now your probably wondering why my mum told me about the storm. Well....

*flashback*

I was 8 and my best friend that was more like a brother Ashton pulled me into a hug, I said "I'm gonna miss you." He gave me a weak smile and said "I'm gonna miss you too." He let go and I hugged his twin brother Aerton, the thunder boomed in the sky and the wind started blowing. Ashton pushed a strand of my hair around my ear, he started walking over to his car and I shouted "DON'T LEAVE ME!" He turned around and said "I'm sorry we have to," I hugged him one more time then he got in the car. They started driving down the straight road when another bolt of lightning appeared, suddenly their car flipped over and caught fire. I screamed "NOOO" and ran over, the last thing I remember is biting a nurse then being put to sleep. When I woke up I was told that the died.

*end of flashback*

I felt a tear roll down my cheek, I quickly wiped it away, so now I have a phobia of storms and at night I have constant flashback of that day. Cody walked over and sat down opposite me, we were facing each other with our legs crossed, he said with a concerned look on his face "You alright?" I smiled a fake smile and said "I'm great thanks." He rubbed my leg soothingly and said "I know that's a fake smile but I'm gonna stop asking." I smiled at him then continued to look out the window.

Cody POV

Everyone had gone to bed so I closed the curtain on my bunk and scrolled through twitter. I heard the booms of the thunder and a muffled scream from Tiana's bunk and soft crying. Was I hearing things? I ignored it until the thunder boomed again and I heard another muffled scream. I got up and opened the curtain to her bunk, I whispered "You okay angel?" I saw her in the corner curled up in a ball and crying into her knees. I climbed up the ladder while saying "Angel what's wrong?" She just shook her head, I sat next to her and another boom of thunder happened. She screamed again and hid in my bare chest I hugged her protectively and buried my face in her hair. I asked "Do you wanna get a drink and sneakily eat ice cream?" She nodded so I climbed down the ladder and we walked into the kitchen, I got her a glass of water, a tub of ice cream and two spoons. She drank her water and the thunder boomed again, she flew into my arms and I could feel her tears tricking down my shoulder. I rubbed her back and decided to put the ice cream away. We went back to the bunks and she started climbing the ladder but she was shaking. The thunder was louder this time and she let go of the ladder, I caught her and put her in my bunk so we didn't have to climb up the ladder. She put her head on my chest and I put my arms around her, I whispered "Do you want me to get you anything? Or do something?" She whispered weakly "Sing" I smiled and started to sing my song Love, I felt her breathing even out and I fell asleep too.

I woke up to Tiana abruptly sitting up and sobbing while breathing heavily. I sat up too and rubbed her back and pulled her close. I asked worriedly "What's wrong baby, I hate seeing you like this." She just said "Bad dream and I hate storms. A lot." I hugged her and slowly laid her down, she whispered "Thank you Cody." I replied "Anytime angel" with that we fell asleep.

I'm SOOO sorry it's short I have a lot of exams coming up! Thanks for reading <3